TYSONS CORNER, Va., Oct. 22, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- MicroStrategy® Incorporated (Nasdaq: MSTR), a leading worldwide provider of enterprise software platforms, today announced the release of Usher 3.0. Usher is a powerful enterprise security platform that provides advanced security for both logical and physical access, deep identity analytics for business productivity and security, and the ability to locate and communicate with users. Today's release features a new and intuitive badge design that delivers remarkable ease-of-use together with substantial new capabilities.
Usher replaces physical badges, passwords, and keys. The platform also allows people to move through the enterprise based on their roles and context using digital security badges available as an app on their mobile devices. Highlights of the new Usher 3.0 release include:
- Seamless Badge Navigation: Users can scroll through all their badges by swiping left or right, making badges easy to use and intuitive.
- Functionality with a Tap: All core Usher functions are now on the bottom toolbar of the app, enabling users to easily access their favorite keys, open the QR code scanner, and adjust settings with a simple tap.
- Badge Dossier: By tapping on the badge, users can now access all the extended details of their badges. This new page lists badge credentials, badge security settings, user validation, and additional information configurable by organizations.
- Location Aware Keys: Usher will be able to display the digital key most relevant for where you happen to be. This makes it even easier to use the key you need when you need it.
- Multi-Server Support: The app will be able to register multiple instances of the Usher Security Server and enable power users to switch between servers with ease. For example, users who have Usher badges both for work and for personal use would be able to access both sets of badges in the same app on the same phone.
- Enhanced Privacy Controls: This new version gives more granular privacy controls to users while still complying with an organization's digital security badge controls and configurations. This gives the user the ability to modify the user's location access settings with Usher. It also allows administrators to require Bluetooth and location services be turned on in order to use a particular badge.
With Usher, enterprises are able to:
- Deploy digital keys and proximity-based authentication to secure physical entryways, such as elevators, garages, and doorways, using leading PACS systems, including Tyco, Lenel, Honeywell, Datawatch, Paxton, and S2 Security.
- Provide a single Usher badge to secure logical access with multi-factor authentication, including leading web applications, workstations, and VPNs. Multiple authentication options include QR scans, push notifications, and biometrics, as well as the ability to restrict access based on location and time.
- Unlock the power of beacons as a real-world tool for both physical access and logical access, as well as identity intelligence. Beacons provide indoor micro-positioning. Usher makes it simple to deploy, configure, and use multi-site beacons from a centralized console. This feature makes it even easier to authenticate users based on proximity, limit users based on tight micro-location, and analyze users' behavior based on where they go and what they access.
- Break information silos and develop new insights by mapping logical access data with physical security data.
- Gain a near real-time, 360-degree view into identity activities to detect anomalies and abnormal usage patterns, as well as boost workforce productivity and optimize resources.
- Locate users on a map and communicate with the touch of a button in order to better manage mobile workforces, react faster in emergency response situations, and create tailored user experiences to customers.
"The brilliance of Usher is that it solves the age-old tradeoff between security and convenience," said Jonathan Klein, President, MicroStrategy. "Organizations want the power and sophistication of an enterprise security platform, yet they also want to deploy it in a matter of days and have it be as easy to use as a magic wand. That's our vision for Usher, and with today's release of Usher 3.0, we are on the way to realizing it."
Available on-premise and in the cloud, the Usher platform also offers a robust Software Development Kit (SDK), enabling developers to build Usher security, analytics and productivity capabilities into their existing mobile applications, web applications, and enterprise software packages. More information about the Usher SDK is available at http://www.usher.com/sdk/.
Usher 3.0 for iPhone is now available for download in the iTunes app store. Usher 3.0 for Android is expected to be released in November. To get started with Usher and set up Usher identities for your organization, please visit http://usher.com.
About MicroStrategy Incorporated
Founded in 1989, MicroStrategy (Nasdaq: MSTR) is a leading worldwide provider of enterprise software platforms. The Company's mission is to provide enterprise analytics, mobility, and security platforms that are flexible, powerful, scalable, and user-friendly. To learn more, visit MicroStrategy online, and follow us on Facebook and Twitter.
MicroStrategy and Usher are either trademarks or registered trademarks of MicroStrategy Incorporated in the United States and certain other countries. Other product and company names mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.
Logo - http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20140226/CL73058LOGO