TYSONS CORNER, Va., Sept. 12, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- MicroStrategy® Incorporated (Nasdaq: MSTR), a leading worldwide provider of business intelligence (BI) software, today announced that Wisdom for Facebook, a free application, is now available worldwide for both the iPhone and iPad on the Apple iTunes App Store, as well as in a web-based Facebook app format. You can find the apps by going to the www.wisdom.com website and link to the App Store, or click on the Go to the App button to install the Facebook app version.
Wisdom for Facebook App
Sorting through your daily Facebook updates can take hours. 750 million users share billions of pieces of content each month on Facebook. Many users are drowning in information overload and are missing the most important items in a sea of posts. Wisdom organizes Facebook content and provides insights into your Facebook friends, so you don't have to contend with information overload and can easily learn more about your personal network. Built on the latest MicroStrategy software platform, running globally on our cloud network, and connected securely to the largest people database in the world, Wisdom empowers Facebook users with valuable insights into their personal universe of social interactions.
The best events. The most important news. The most interesting discussions. Anything creating buzz in your network.
- Intelligent Feed™: Wisdom consolidates posts to your friends' walls into an easily accessible, single stream, making it easy to see which of your friends are posting to each others' walls and what they're writing about. You'll instantly see what's popular, who's happy, who's available, and more. Quickly see the posts creating the most buzz in your network or find the most "newsworthy" news based on posts that suggest a significant life event from a friend (iPad only). Be on top of all the latest news, including who's on vacation, moving to a new city, getting engaged, or having kids.
- Things to Do: Wisdom points the way to the hot restaurants, bars, and clubs being discussed across your network. With Wisdom, you can even identify which locations or events are the best fit for single or married men or women. Wisdom also recommends fun places and activities when you travel to another city. Wisdom scours all the events you're invited to, as well as public events that any of your friends are attending, and recommends the most popular upcoming events based on the number of your friends attending and the general event popularity measured by invite-to-attendee ratios.
- Interests: Wisdom helps you discover recommendations on the most popular movies, music, books, TV shows and much more: insights discovered by the "likes" disclosed by your own friend network. And Wisdom not only shows what's popular now, but what's trending up or down. Wisdom splits interests by age, gender, and relationship status to help make the discoveries even more relevant. Get a recommendation from your friends on the next movie to put in your Netflix queue, or use it to avoid being the person at the party that's never heard of the hot new band all of your friends are talking about, or the latest game that's trending on Facebook.
- Friends Analysis: Get a unique view of your network through interesting stats from you and your friends' Facebook activity. With visually exciting graphics, find out which of your friends are the most active, most communicative, most popular, and most cheerful. Easily identify who interacts with you the most, and with whom you are most closely connected. Rate your friends across a number of fun and insightful categories, and analyze how your network evolves over time.
- Friend Filter™: Select the information you would like to view at anytime. Where are your girlfriends hanging out? What is the most popular movie among your single friends? What is the latest news from your California friends? With Wisdom's Friend Filter and Categories breakdown, you can create your own dynamic interest-based lists. If a friend just moved to New York, Wisdom's Friend Filter automatically updates your list, while creating an instant filter for single New York friends your age.
The intelligence created by Wisdom is not only personalized and timely, but also meticulously safeguarded. You give Wisdom a token of trust by granting it specific Facebook permissions to serve you. In return, Wisdom trusts only you, and secures your information against any unauthorized access. Faithful to Facebook user privacy settings, Wisdom also ensures that you won't see any data in the application that is not available to you on Facebook.
"Wisdom acts as your personal social radar. If you have hundreds of friends on Facebook, it's impossible to keep up with all of them in the way that you would like to," said Michael J. Saylor, chairman and CEO of MicroStrategy. "Wisdom scans all of your Facebook friends' posts, their events, and their likes, and presents them in a highly compact and organized format. Now, you don't miss anything important. Even better, Wisdom tells you what events, music, books, and movies are most popular among your friends, helping you learn from the wisdom and experience of your friend network."
For more information, visit http://www.wisdom.com.
Founded in 1989, MicroStrategy is a global leader in business intelligence (BI) technology. MicroStrategy software enables leading organizations worldwide to analyze the vast amounts of data stored across their enterprises to make better business decisions. The MicroStrategy platform delivers actionable information to business users via the web and mobile devices, including the iPad, iPhone, and BlackBerry. Companies choose MicroStrategy for its ease-of-use, sophisticated analytics, and superior data and user scalability. MicroStrategy offers free reporting software that can be downloaded from its Website, http://www.microstrategy.com/freereportingsoftware. To learn more about MicroStrategy (Nasdaq: MSTR), visit www.microstrategy.com and follow us on Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/microstrategy) and Twitter (http://www.twitter.com/microstrategy).
MicroStrategy and MicroStrategy Business Intelligence Platform are either trademarks or registered trademarks of MicroStrategy Incorporated in the United States and certain other countries. Other product and company names mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.
SOURCE MicroStrategy Incorporated