TYSONS CORNER, Va., Sept. 12, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- MicroStrategy® Incorporated (Nasdaq : MSTR ), a leading worldwide provider of business intelligence (BI) software, introduces Emma, a free Facebook application that offers a friendly and safe mobile marketplace.
Emma enhances the concept of free classifieds. It attaches Facebook credentials to classified listings so both parties can more thoroughly know about each other when buying or selling merchandise and services in a simple-to-use, person-to-person marketplace.
Because everyone in the Emma community has a Facebook profile, you can trade with more confidence, whether it's selling stuff, offering services, or finding a babysitter. With Emma, you control who gets to see your listings and with whom you can trade or sell. Simply said, everyone is better informed.
Emma handles a wide range of trades and interactions among its listing categories, so you can be more specific about your needs as they arise, anywhere, anytime:
- Social listings, for instance, help connect you with people interested in similar activities. Find a softball team to play on or recruit another player for a team you've already formed.
- Transportation listings with Emma can help you carpool through traffic on your commute or find a ride to your beach rental, with the added security and safety mentioned above, but also with the ability to set it up while you are out and about.
- Service listings with Emma enable you to look for tennis lessons with a top pro in the neighborhood, or find a recommended tour guide for a walking tour of Paris. And because you've exchanged social profiles, you know exactly who you are dealing with before you sign them up.
- Gigs and Jobs listings mean you can find the best caterers for your kid's birthday party, or let people know you've started a landscape consulting business. Emma ratings from previous customers tell you how your friends, not strangers, viewed the quality of their work.
- Merchandise listings help you sell things you no longer need to a good home, or perhaps find a listing for tickets to that sold out concert. With Emma, your friends can help ensure that the other party pays reliably and that products and services are as advertised.
- Real Estate listings with Emma enable you to buy, sell, or rent at the right price and location with the most up-to-date information about the previous owner, the landlord, and the neighborhood.
Emma goes beyond buying and selling products and services. It provides a secure and targeted "marketplace" for social interactions. When you're looking for a new roommate, or for someone to have lunch with on short notice, trying to find the person with the right interest, availability, and location may be difficult in your limited, connected network. And going directly to other public marketplaces presents new challenges with safety and the unknown. Emma addresses this by using the extensions of your Facebook social world to help you to find the person you can trust with the interest, availability, and location that you are seeking.
"Emma is a friendly marketplace. On Emma, Facebook friends feel secure doing things together, whether it's dating, selling stuff, offering services, or finding a roommate or rideshare," said Michael J. Saylor, chairman and CEO of MicroStrategy Incorporated. "Emma lets you search for people to interact with using Facebook profile information so you feel more confident transacting with your larger Facebook community of friends."
For more details and to download the free app, visit http://www.emma.com.
Founded in 1989, MicroStrategy is a global leader in business intelligence (BI) technology. MicroStrategy software enables leading organizations worldwide to analyze the vast amounts of data stored across their enterprises to make better business decisions. The MicroStrategy platform delivers actionable information to business users via the web and mobile devices, including the iPad, iPhone, and BlackBerry. Companies choose MicroStrategy for its ease-of-use, sophisticated analytics, and superior data and user scalability. MicroStrategy offers free reporting software that can be downloaded from its website. To learn more about MicroStrategy (Nasdaq : MSTR ), visit www.microstrategy.com and follow us on Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/microstrategy) and Twitter (http://www.twitter.com/microstrategy).
MicroStrategy and MicroStrategy Business Intelligence Platform are either trademarks or registered trademarks of MicroStrategy Incorporated in the United States and certain other countries. Other product and company names mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.
SOURCE MicroStrategy Incorporated