LAS VEGAS, Jan. 28, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- MicroStrategy® Incorporated (Nasdaq: MSTR), a leading worldwide provider of business intelligence (BI) software, today announced that MicroStrategy received top billing in Data Volume, Mobile, and Innovation among large international vendors in a comprehensive survey of companies using business intelligence software products. The BI Survey 13, conducted by Germany-based Business Application Research Center (BARC), is the world's largest independent survey of business intelligence and performance management users, with 3,149 respondents.
"Over a number of consecutive BI Surveys, MicroStrategy has consistently scored at or near the top of its peer group in Data volume, Performance, Mobile and Innovation. This trend has continued in the BI Survey 13. This is a reflection of MicroStrategy's continued focus on the quality and performance of the platform as well as its dedication to innovation," said Dr. Carsten Bange, Founder and CEO of BARC.
"MicroStrategy's leadership in a substantial number of KPIs in the BI Survey reflects our ongoing commitment to providing the highest quality products and services to our customers so they can successfully deploy business intelligence solutions across their organizations," said Paul Zolfaghari, President, MicroStrategy Incorporated. "At the same time, MicroStrategy has invested significantly to bring powerful new technologies to the market to address the Big Data, Mobile and Cloud trends."
To read the BI Survey 13 Summary Results, visit: http://www.microstrategy.com/strategy/media/downloads/about-us/microstrategy-bi-survey-13.pdf.
MicroStrategy continued to out-innovate rivals in the large international vendor peer group and ranked # 1 in the following:
- Data Volume – Top Ranked Large International Vendor in Data Volume: MicroStrategy's top ranking in this KPI demonstrates its excellence and leadership as a highly scalable enterprise-grade BI platform. MicroStrategy has ranked first in this category each year The BI Survey has been conducted. "The company tops each peer group in the data volume KPI – this is unique and consistent with previous years' results. From our research and consulting experience we know MicroStrategy is often a choice in large data warehouse projects. This reflects upon the strength of its ROLAP engine and new in-memory cubes. Its administration features also support large numbers of users and manage query performance for large databases" – BARC, The BI Survey 13
- Mobile BI – Top Ranked Large International Vendor in Mobile BI: MicroStrategy's top ranking in this KPI demonstrates its leadership and commitment towards providing the best Mobile BI product in the industry."This is a very strong result. Customers have responded positively to MicroStrategy's high investment and focus on mobile BI. Its solution supports not just BI but also a range of broader mobile functions" – BARC, The BI Survey 13
- Innovation – Top Ranked Large International Vendor in Innovation: MicroStrategy's top ranking in this KPI demonstrates its continued commitment towards providing a competitive edge to its customers by creating innovative and cutting-edge BI technology. "This is where the company excels and its leading position is endorsed by the Survey's respondents. MicroStrategy's new innovations are well integrated into its BI suite and it is one of the market leaders in mobile BI and visualization" – BARC, The BI Survey 13
In addition to achieving high ratings in the large international vendor peer group, MicroStrategy also achieved high ratings in the Dashboard vendor peer group, Ad-hoc analysis vendor peer group, and Enterprise Reporting vendor peer group.
- Ranked #1 Ad-hoc Analysis Vendor in data volume
- Ranked #2 Ad-hoc Analysis Vendor in Mobile BI
- Ranked #1 Dashboard Vendor in data volume
- Ranked #2 Dashboard Vendor in investment
- Ranked #2 Dashboard Vendor in considered for purchase
- Ranked #2 Dashboard Vendor in competitiveness
- Ranked #2 Dashboard Vendor in Mobile BI
- Ranked #2 Dashboard Vendor in product satisfaction
- Ranked #1 Enterprise Reporting Vendor in data volume
- Ranked #2 Enterprise Reporting Vendor in Mobile BI
MicroStrategy's high ranking across the different peer groups highlights its functional breadth and depth. Customers achieve greater efficiency and value by using MicroStrategy's unified BI platform across multiple BI needs.
"Rather than focusing on short term innovations, MicroStrategy has a long term strategy based on releasing stable products that are highly integrated. Companies also perceive the company as an innovative vendor having addressed cloud and mobile BI quite early and implemented technology much better than other, larger vendors" – BARC, The BI Survey 13
Melanie Mack, co-author of the BI Survey, stated: "I attribute MicroStrategy's continued high rankings in the BI Survey to its focus on maintaining the integrity and quality of its unified platform. In addition, the company continues to be at the forefront of new functionality."
About MicroStrategy Incorporated
Founded in 1989, MicroStrategy (Nasdaq: MSTR) is a leading worldwide provider of enterprise software platforms. The Company's mission is to provide the most flexible, powerful, scalable and user-friendly platforms for analytics, mobile, identity and loyalty, offered either on premises or in the cloud.
The MicroStrategy Analytics Platform™ enables leading organizations to analyze vast amounts of data and distribute actionable business insight throughout the enterprise. Our analytics platform delivers reports and dashboards, and enables users to conduct ad hoc analysis and share their insights anywhere, anytime. MicroStrategy Mobile™ lets organizations rapidly build information-rich applications that combine multimedia, transactions, analytics, and custom workflows. The MicroStrategy Identity Platform™ (branded as MicroStrategy Usher™) provides organizations the ability to develop a secure mobile app for identity and credentials. The MicroStrategy Loyalty Platform™ (branded as MicroStrategy Alert) is a next-generation, mobile customer loyalty and engagement solution. To learn more about MicroStrategy, visit www.microstrategy.com and follow us on Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/microstrategy) and Twitter (http://www.twitter.com/microstrategy).
MicroStrategy, MicroStrategy Analytics Platform, MicroStrategy Mobile, MicroStrategy Identity Platform, MicroStrategy Loyalty Platform, and MicroStrategy Usher are either trademarks or registered trademarks of MicroStrategy Incorporated in the United States and certain other countries. Other product and company names mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.
SOURCE MicroStrategy Incorporated