MIAMI, Feb. 8, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- MicroStrategy® Incorporated (Nasdaq: MSTR), a leading worldwide provider of enterprise software platforms, kicks off its 19th annual user conference today at the Miami Beach Convention Center. Anyone can watch the live video streams of the event's keynote presentations at http://www.microstrategy.com/live, and can join the conversation on Twitter with the hashtag #MSTRWorld2016.
"Today we kick off our most impressive conference to date featuring more than 160 distinct sessions and 50 customer speakers, inspiring keynotes, numerous hands-on workshops, and countless opportunities to network with our vast ecosystem of partners," said Michael J. Saylor, Chairman, President and CEO, MicroStrategy Incorporated. "At this year's World, we are focusing on empowering our user community. Our customers will be trained to successfully extract value from big data, build mobile productivity apps, move their on-premises analytics to the cloud, and deploy smartphone-based security applications. World 2016 is a practitioner's heaven for anyone who is excited about enterprise analytics, mobility, and security, and I encourage you to join us in Miami."
In recent months, MicroStrategy has made exciting product announcements about MicroStrategy 10™, its unified platform for analytics, mobility, and security applications. Throughout the event, thousands of attendees will hear from MicroStrategy product experts on how they can leverage version 10.2, the latest release of MicroStrategy 10, to rapidly build mobile apps and interactive dashboards, deploy advanced analytics and beautiful visualizations, and develop powerful new applications on big data. The educational workshops will enable attendees to get hands-on experience building cutting-edge analytic applications, and empower them with practical skills and new knowledge. Additionally, attendees will get the full story on our pioneering enterprise software platforms from an impressive lineup of keynote speakers, customer and partner presenters, and MicroStrategy experts.
MicroStrategy's Customers and Partners Say It Best
- "As we do every year, my team members and I are looking forward to World," said Ray Zientara, Business Intelligence Manager at Amica Mutual Insurance. "Our company promises to be there for our customers and the MicroStrategy platform helps us deliver on that promise. The sessions, networking, and information about the future direction of the products help us to further leverage these powerful business intelligence tools."
- "My colleagues and I are very excited to come to MicroStrategy World to share our experiences delivering a dashboard to our top-level executives at Chevron, one of the world's largest energy companies," said Debbie Oshman, Manager, Global Finance IT, Chevron. "I'm looking forward to some great discussions sharing best practices using MicroStrategy's dashboarding capabilities for C-level users."
- "In addition to all of the industrial-strength enterprise features MicroStrategy has always given us, like security, broad deployability and data collaboration, we are getting a lot of value from the new 10.2 feature that allows us to connect to previously unexplored data sources," said Rob Saenz, Application Support Engineer at Interstate Batteries. "This has enabled us to quickly get smarter about what's happening in our business so we can drive for change that matters. I'm looking forward to sharing our journey at MicroStrategy World this week."
- "IPC is a 24-country member organization focused on providing services to our members, and we store data for all tracked postal traffic in the world," said Bruno Luis, BI Manager at International Post Corporation. "We decided to fully migrate our IT systems and, during this process, acquired MicroStrategy as our analytics platform. We are very happy with the tool and all its capabilities, and we're excited to come to MicroStrategy World and share our experience with the community."
Customers scheduled to present include: 24 Hour Fitness; Ahold; AIG; Amica Mutual Insurance Company; AstraZeneca; Boston Children's Hospital; Canadian Institute for Health Information; Catalina; Cisco Systems; City of Austin; Domtar; East Coast Metal Distributors; Enova International; Exelon Corporation; Facebook; Flex; Groupon; Guess?; Herbalife; Higher One; Huntington National Bank; IMS Health; International Post Corporation; Interstate Batteries; Jabil Circuit; McCain Foods; MEDITECH; NBCUniversal; Netflix; Nielsen; OffiSanté; Omega World Travel; Overstock.com; Parallon; PPL Electric Utilities; Ryder Systems; Sutter Health; Tapjoy; and Weiler Corporation.
- "Actian is pleased once again to be the Diamond Sponsor of MicroStrategy World, where we look forward to meeting with customers and prospects who are interested in extracting value from their big data investments," said John Bard, Director of Product Marketing at Actian. "Participating at World is a terrific way for Actian to reach and market to customers looking for fast, open, and enterprise-grade data analytics solutions to transform their business."
- "As a platinum-level sponsor, Pandera is looking forward to demonstrating our excellence to the MicroStrategy community through our client presenters and outlining the methods we use to drive innovative solutions with each client," said Greg Arndall, Managing Partner, Strategy & Growth, Pandera. "As one of the largest analytical consulting firms in the country, we need to stay in touch with the user community we serve and this is a great forum to accomplish exactly that."
- "Data Meaning sees World 2016 as a perfect venue to share our experience and expertise developing tailored MicroStrategy solutions for our customers," said Caio Gouveia, Managing Partner at Data Meaning. "Speaking of which, we look forward to presenting our design and development process making the official conference app and can't wait to connect with industry leaders in Miami."
- "Teradata's thought leadership in the analytic ecosystem and big data-driven consulting services are an ideal fit for MicroStrategy and its user communities, and at World 2016, everyone can learn the powerful benefits of our partnership," said Sean Slack, Vice President, Global Alliances, Teradata. "At this event, many of the hundreds of customers that use and share Teradata and MicroStrategy solutions can attest to the performance, scalability, and real-time analytic capabilities this partnership brings at a time when data variety, volume, and velocity translate to business value and market differentiators."
Partner sponsors include: Actian Corporation; Amazon Web Services; Convergence Consulting Group; Cloudera; Data Meaning; DataFactZ; Datastrong; IDS – Intelligent Data Solutions; InfoCepts; Invexer Technology; Iolap; Momentum Consulting; Pandera; Paxata; Pitney Bowes; Project X; Six Degrees Planning; Snowflake Computing; Southport; Teradata/Claraview; Visionet Systems; Visual Crossing; Vitara; XeoMatrix; and ZS Associates.
About MicroStrategy Incorporated
Founded in 1989, MicroStrategy (Nasdaq: MSTR) is a leading worldwide provider of enterprise software platforms. The Company's mission is to provide enterprise analytics, mobility, and security platforms that are flexible, powerful, scalable, and user-friendly. To learn more, visit MicroStrategy online, and follow us on Facebook and Twitter.
MicroStrategy, MicroStrategy 10, and MicroStrategy 10.2 are either trademarks or registered trademarks of MicroStrategy Incorporated in the United States and certain other countries. Other product and company names mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/microstrategy-world-2016-kicks-off-in-miami-300216295.html
SOURCE MicroStrategy Incorporated