KANSAS CITY, Mo., May 22, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- May is designated as National Military Appreciation Month, a time to recognize all those who have served, including military spouses and military families. Pioneer Services, a division of MidCountry Bank, and its team members around the country continue to undertake a number of initiatives and events to recognize our nation's military.
Pioneer Services conducted the 2015 Military Financial Survey. This survey of 831 service members builds upon a study from last year with the National Foundation for Credit Counseling (NFCC) and Harris polling. Recent results show savings is down 49 percent among military families. Fifty percent now consider themselves totally unprepared for a financial emergency, versus only 10 percent last year. An article by Chief Master Sergeant Allen Usry (ret) on FOXNEWS.com provides analysis of the findings and ways to assist military families from a financial education expert. An easy-to-read Survey Infographic highlights both positive and negative trends.
In addition to the survey, Pioneer Services has also undertaken other initiatives for National Military Appreciation Month, including:
- Downloads of Pioneer Services' free, award-winning Military Spouse Finance Guide in honor of Military Spouse Appreciation Day (May 8).
- Sponsoring and hosting local appreciation activities in various military markets, including a free "cook-out" with giveaways in partnership with the ASYMCA and others.
- Making a donation to the Folds of Honor Foundation for educational scholarships to children of service members killed or disabled in combat.
- Encouraging employees to use their 3,000+ hours of paid Volunteer Time-Off provided by the company to assist military groups, including a Department of Veteran's Affairs Stand-Down event for homeless vets early next month.
- Displaying "National Military Appreciation Month 'Thank You'" posters and wearing promotional buttons in public to further recognize service members during this period.
"Our team members work every day to show their appreciation to military families," said Steve Meads, President of Pioneer Services and MidCountry Bank. "As such, we encourage others to take a moment this month, and on an on-going basis, to recognize and thank those who continually sacrifice so much for our nation."
For more information about Pioneer Services, visit www.PioneerServices.com.
Pioneer Services, a Division of MidCountry Bank
©2014 Pioneer Services. All loan applications are confidential and subject to our credit policies. If you are approved for additional funds, we will consolidate any existing loan balance together with the additional funds so that you will only have one loan. The loan origination fee is calculated as a percentage of your loan amount. No official U.S. military endorsement is implied. MidCountry Bank is a member FDIC.
SOURCE Pioneer Services, a Division of MidCountry Bank