CAMBRIDGE, Mass., March 29, 2016 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Today, MIT Technology Review announced that the annual EmTech conference (www.EmTechMIT.com) will be held October 18–20, 2016, at the MIT Media Lab in Cambridge, MA.
Each year, EmTech focuses on the emerging technologies that matter most—those with the greatest potential to change our lives. This fall, key topics include:
- Rethinking Energy
- Virtual Reality, Augmented Life
- Intelligent Systems
- Global Connectivity
- Engineering a Healthy Planet
- Meet the 2016 Innovators Under 35
The growing list of featured speakers includes:
- Donald Sadoway, John F. Elliott Professor of Materials Chemistry, MIT: Providing Power for a Growing Global Population
- Stephanie Tellex, Assistant Professor of Computer Science, Brown University: 10 Breakthrough Technologies 2016: Robots That Teach Each Other
- Shyam Gollkota, Assistant Professor, Department of Computer Science and Engineering, University of Washington: 10 Breakthrough Technologies 2016: Power from the Air
"MIT Technology Review's mission is to equip audiences with the intelligence to understand and contribute to a world shaped by technology, and our events bring that mission to life around the globe," said Jason Pontin, editor in chief and publisher. "EmTech MIT continues its tradition of providing early access to the people at the bleeding edge of tech. Nothing is as inspiring as seeing a young innovator on stage speaking passionately about how she will make the world a better place."
For more information and to register for EmTech MIT, visit www.EmTechMIT.com.
About MIT Technology Review
Founded at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology in 1899, MIT Technology Review is a digitally oriented independent media company whose analysis, features, reviews, interviews, and live events explain the commercial, social, and political impact of new technologies. MIT Technology Review readers are curious technology enthusiasts—a global audience of business and thought leaders, innovators and early adopters, entrepreneurs and investors. Every day, we provide an authoritative filter for the flood of information about technology. We are the first to report on a broad range of new technologies, informing our audiences about how important breakthroughs will impact their careers and their lives. Subscribe. Follow us: Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Google+.
David Sweeney, MIT Technology Review
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/mit-technology-review-announces-dates-for-2016-emtech-mit-conference-300242174.html
SOURCE MIT Technology Review