CYPRESS, Calif., Oct. 1 /PRNewswire/ -- Mitsubishi Motors North America (MMNA) today announced last month was one of its best in nearly two years with September sales of 4,961, an increase of 5.3 percent compared to September 2009. MMNA has reported only three higher monthly sales totals since November 2008.
"Our September sales give us encouragement that consumers are returning to the market," said MMNA President & CEO Shin Kurihara. "Our momentum will accelerate the remainder of the year, because we are launching our all-new Outlander Sport CUV."
September sales highlights include:
- Lancer sales were up 71 percent compared to September 2009.
- Outlander sales were up 104 percent in September and are up 17 percent for the year to date.
- Endeavor sales more than tripled (up 324 percent) compared to last year and are up 7 percent for the year.
- Eclipse coupe sales were up 7 percent for the month, and Eclipse Spyder sales were up 7.5 percent.
- Lancer Evolution sales were up more than 45 percent in September.
Mitsubishi Motors North America, Inc., (MMNA) is responsible for all manufacturing, finance, sales, and marketing operations for Mitsubishi Motors in the United States. MMNA sells coupes, convertibles, sedans, sport utility vehicles, and light trucks through a network of more than 400 dealers. For more information, contact the Mitsubishi Motors News Bureau at (888) 560-6672 or visit media.mitsubishicars.com.
SOURCE Mitsubishi Motors North America