NEW YORK, April 28, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- Almost everywhere, emerging and alternative payments are helping to reshape the consumer purchase experience: PayPal is used almost as prevalently as debit and prepaid cards to make purchases online; Apple Pay is set to leverage the power of payment tokenization; mobile wallets are being reimagined beyond merely proximity payments to more broadly facilitate ecommerce and wrap add-value features and benefits into the mix: Visa Checkout brings the Visa brand to online payment facilitation. Meanwhile, mobile banking has entered the mainstream, reinventing the consumer banking experience. Packaged Facts expects mobile payments at the point of sale to reach $35 billion in 2014, despite being hampered by near-term challenges, and we expect robust growth in 2016 and 2017.
Packaged Facts' Mobile & Alternative Payments in the U.S. gives industry participants the insight the need to stay abreast of this dynamic market. Report coverage includes a market size and forecast for mobile POS payment value and a market size for mobile wallet transaction value. It also:
· Explores a range of positive and negative factors influencing mobile payments growth (including NFC and Host Card Emulation trends, mobile wallet reimaging, and mobile banking and payment trending),
· Provides historical analysis of alternative payment categories (including online and mobile person-to-person transfers; person-to-person (P2P) and money transfer; online and walk-in bill payment; secure online payment; card-present vs. card-not-present transactions; and mobile remote deposit capture).
· Assesses consumers via their:
o Use and usage frequency of mobile banking and usage of specific mobile banking features, by demographic group.
o Use and usage frequency of mobile payments by demographic group
o Use of a range of P2P methods, including PayPal, bank wire transfers, bank P2P transfers, money transfer services, and other emerging methods.
o Choice of payment at the point of sale and via the internet. As part of our point-of sale purchase analysis, we assess the degree consumers initiate payments via mobile wallets (i.e. PayPal, Google Wallet, etc.)
o Use of various added-value mobile phone financial, promotional & shopping tools
· Assesses the degree the underbanked and unbanked are using mobile financial services, including mobile financial, promotional & shopping tools; mobile payment methods; mobile payment methods at point of sale; and P2P methods. We also examine the relationship between prepaid card use and mobile payments.
· Provides in-depth competitive analysis of industry participants and their mobile payment strategies, including those employed by:
o Card networks American Express, Discover Financial Services, MasterCard and Visa
o Alternative payments providers and retailers, including Amazon Payments, Apple Pay, Google Wallet, LevelUp, Merchant Customer Exchange, PayPal, Square, Softcard and Starbucks.
Read the full report: http://www.reportlinker.com/p01053182-summary/view-report.html
ReportLinker is an award-winning market research solution that finds, filters and organizes the latest industry data so you get all the market research you need - instantly, in one place.
Contact Clare: [email protected]
Intl: +1 339-368-6001