MOUNTAIN VIEW, Calif., April 12, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- MobileIron (NASDAQ: MOBL), the leader in mobile enterprise security, today announced the launch of MobileIron Access, the latest addition to the company's portfolio of security features for protecting corporate data. MobileIron Access establishes a new security requirement: only trusted apps on trusted devices with trusted users should be able to access corporate data in the cloud. MobileIron Access launches with integrations to many of the most widely used enterprise cloud apps including ones like Box, Google Apps for Work, Office 365, and Salesforce.
Watch the video: https://www.mobileiron.com/access-demo
The security gap between EMM and CASB
Current security solutions have typically been optimized for either mobile via enterprise mobility management (EMM) or cloud using a cloud access security broker (CASB) but there is a gap between these siloed solutions that leaves business data vulnerable.
In the legacy PC era, the only thing that mattered was user identity. A company issued an employee a computer and that computer was the only device that could access corporate applications that resided in the company's data centers behind the firewall. The employee was authenticated using an Identity Management System such as Active Directory and granted access to corporate data.
Stopping data loss
That model doesn't work in the mobile and cloud era because users can access data by downloading any app that uses the Cloud service, authenticate to it, and share it with other personal apps. For example, an employee could use a friend's device that is not managed by their company to access Salesforce, download customer data, and upload it to their personal cloud storage account. To prevent this, companies need to ensure that not only are the device and user authorized, but that the app is too. With MobileIron Access, for the first time, enterprises can ensure that only approved apps with data managed in the enterprise sandbox can connect to the cloud service via mobile devices.
Access builds on MobileIron's portfolio of market-leading security solutions:
- MobileIron Sentry protects data-in-motion and blocks access from non-compliant devices;
- MobileIron Tunnel does this for applications;
- Identity Access Management integration allows IT administrators to use MobileIron to make access decisions based on the state of the device and the corporate identity of the user; and
- Now, MobileIron Access does this for cloud services.
"With MobileIron Access, we are bringing to market the answer to data security that our customers have been waiting for," said Barry Mainz, CEO, MobileIron. "With MobileIron Access, customers get a best-of-breed solution that integrates into their existing technology like their identity provider, and, it does not require any modifications to the cloud apps. This is data security made simple."
- Is designed to enable access control to enterprise cloud services including ones like Box, Google Apps for Work, Office 365,and Salesforce
- Blocks access to cloud services from apps and devices that are not authorized by IT
- Integrates with identity providers (IdP) including ADFS and PingOne
- Provides visibility into users, apps, and devices accessing the cloud service for auditing and compliance
- Supports federated authentication with SAML, the dominant SSO standard
MobileIron provides the secure foundation for companies around the world to transform into Mobile First organizations. For more information, please visit www.mobileiron.com.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/mobileiron-access-enterprise-cloud-data-is-finally-secure-on-mobile-devices-300248812.html