MOUNTAIN VIEW, Calif., Oct. 11, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- MobileIron (NASDAQ: MOBL), the stand-alone EMM leader, today announced MobileIron Bridge. MobileIron Bridge is the first solution to unify mobile and desktop operations for Windows 10 using a single console and communications channel. With MobileIron Bridge, companies can start using enterprise mobility management (EMM) to modernize their Windows operations now, without sacrificing the sophisticated security policies and actions of traditional client management tools.
MobileIron also launched a Resource Center that shows how CIOs can save up to 80% of their desktop total cost of ownership (TCO). The Resource Center includes:
- TCO Toolkit: Calculate TCO savings for Windows 10 with EMM
- Solution overview: View MobileIron Bridge product information
- Webinar: Harness the Power of EMM to Manage PCs, November 2 at 10 AM PDT
- Live presentation: Join us at Gartner Symposium/ITxpo Orlando: October 19, 2016 at the Dolphin Hotel, Room: Asia 2, 1:15-1:45 PM ET
- Blog: Learn best practices for modernizing Windows operations with EMM
"The move to EMM is the most fundamental shift in Windows security and management in twenty years, but the reality is that EMM, today, can't deliver the full capabilities that IT needs for desktop operations," said Barry Mainz, CEO, MobileIron. "We recognized this gap and developed MobileIron Bridge so that our customers can fast-track their Windows 10 migration to EMM."
EMM slashes PC operations costs by up to 80%
MobileIron released a TCO Toolkit today comparing the TCO of Windows 10 using EMM versus using traditional software like Microsoft's System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM), LANDESK, and Symantec IT Management Suite (formerly Altiris).
Today, desktop operations are complex and high-touch. Each PC has a locked-down system image installed by IT. Enterprise mobility management (EMM) is agile and low-touch. Each PC has context-sensitive policies that secure business data without sacrificing user experience or privacy.
The TCO Toolkit includes:
- Cost model spanning hardware, software, operations, and service desk expenses
- Analysis of software and labor differences across legacy and modern models
- Customizable worksheet to determine TCO by deployment type
MobileIron Bridge unifies mobile and desktop
MobileIron Bridge allows IT to simplify and modernize Windows operations on EMM without giving up critical functionality. IT can apply policies and scripts already in place without requiring a systems image, domain join, or multiple channels of communication to the device. With MobileIron Bridge, IT can:
- Enforce actions from existing Powershell scripts
- Edit and manage the registry
- Deploy non-MSI applications through an enterprise app store
- View and manage the file system
MobileIron provides the secure foundation for companies around the world to transform into Mobile First organizations. For more information, please visit www.mobileiron.com.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/mobileiron-bridge-unifies-mobile-and-desktop-operations-300338541.html