ROCKVILLE, Md., Sept. 5, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- Family owned and operated MOM's Organic Market kicks off their Center City, Philadelphia grand opening this Friday-Sunday. The new store features:
- Only the highest quality, certified organic produce
- Naked Lunch, an all organic, vegetarian eatery
- Sustainable insect proteins
- Backyard Beekeeping section with all the tools needed to sustain these crucial pollinators at home
- Free car charging stations
- Only sustainable seafood (right down to the canned tuna!)
- Rotating growler-filling station featuring limited-batch, seasonal beers and incredible selection of bottled beers
- Wide variety of GOTS certified organic and sustainable clothing
- Liquid bulk section including oil, vinegar, and honey; plus bulk household cleaners, detergents, and hand soaps
- A recycling center for corks, eyeglasses, cell phones, household batteries, shoes, and plastic bags
- 'Yarn-bomb' from Jessie Hemmons, local street artist who encourages conversation regarding women in street art and makes art accessible to people who may feel excluded from the fine art world
- Expansive Health & Wellness section including bulk organic herbs, plus bulk soap, bath salts, and body scrubs
MOM's does not allow products to target children with licensed cartoon characters on the package.
"We've gotten the warmest welcomes in Bryn Mawr and Cherry Hill," says Founder/CEO, Scott Nash. "Now, we can't wait to offer the City of Brotherly Love our first truly urban MOM's!"
The grand opening will feature:
- Meet and greets with environmental organizations like Clean Air Council, City of Philadelphia's Office of Sustainability, Green Philly, 5 Gyres, Audubon Pennsylvania, Fair Trade Philadelphia, and Overbrook Environmental Education Center
- Local tastings, kids' activity, henna art, giveaways, and much more!
5% of MOM's Grand Opening sales will go to Philadelphia Orchard Project and Pennsylvania Environmental Council.
Founded in 1987, MOM's has grown to become the Mid-Atlantic region's premier chain of family owned and operated organic grocery stores. MOM's Purpose is to protect and restore the environment.
View original content with multimedia:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/moms-organic-market-center-city-philly-grand-opening-this-friday-sunday-300513843.html
SOURCE MOM's Organic Market