ATLANTIC CITY, N.J., Aug. 3, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- More than 20,000 spectators were stopped in their tracks over the last 30 days as "Duality," the free 3D sound and light show projection, transformed the facade of historic Boardwalk Hall into a spectacular digital display. The highly sophisticated eight-and-a-half minute show includes surround sound, theatrical lighting and the latest architectural video mapping technologies that bring the building to life, digitally demolishing and rebuilding it to the utter delight of the riveted crowd.
Best viewed from Kennedy Plaza on the world famous Atlantic City Boardwalk, "Duality," which debuted July 4th, runs every half hour from 9:30 p.m. until 2 a.m. daily except for Thursdays when it starts at 10 p.m. following the Jazz on the Beach concerts at Kennedy Plaza. The Casino Reinvestment Development Authority (CRDA) and its Boardwalk Ambassadors track the number of show attendees until midnight.
Virtually speaking, "Duality" has also been a big hit:
- "Duality" was mentioned at least 400 times on Twitter, generating more than 1.3 million impressions
- On the DO AC Facebook page, over 4,600 Facebook users have posted about "Duality" and more than 17,380 have shared and talked about it
- The "Duality" YouTube video has received nearly 6,100 views
Traditional, online and social media have also been buzzing about "Duality:"
- "Duality" went international with its coverage in Le Journal de Montreal and the Associated Press
- "From the moment "Duality" hit the face of Boardwalk Hall our mouths dropped and we were held hostage by its brilliance."—Kory Aversa of Philly Loves Fun
- "Wow! My daughter and I watched three times in a row on Tues."—Jerry Wensus on DO AC Facebook page
- "Ridiculously amazing ... Already want to see it again!"—Rob Povia on DO AC Facebook page
Moment Factory, the Montreal-based new media and entertainment studio that created "Duality," will soon shine both inside and outside of Boardwalk Hall as it recently produced Madonna's new MDNA world tour coming to Atlantic City on September 15, 2012.
About the Atlantic City Alliance (ACA)
The ACA is a recently established New Jersey not-for-profit corporation whose primary mission is to develop and implement a full-scale, broad-based, multi-year marketing program for Atlantic City. The ACA will work with the Casino Reinvestment Development Authority (CRDA) and the Atlantic City Convention & Visitors Authority (ACCVA) to market and promote the Tourism District via a public/private partnership. The ACA also works with local and state government, the private sector and other organizations to further enhance the marketing program.
For more information visit www.doatlanticcity.com.
SOURCE Atlantic City Alliance