SOUTHFIELD, Mich., Oct. 20, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- This year, BASF Automotive Refinish will showcase its products at two show booths during the 2015 Specialty Equipment Market Association (SEMA) Show Nov. 3-6 in Las Vegas. During the event, BASF will also host two press conferences and feature appearances by Jay Leno, Richard Petty, Ryan Friedlinghaus and Chip Foose.
Highlights at BASF booth #21437, located in the Racing & Performance section, will include:
- Custom Car Unveiling Press Conference – Wed., Nov. 4, 9 a.m. – During its first press conference, BASF will unveil a 1933 Ford Coupe from Chip Foose featuring a Glasurit® 90 Line custom blue and silver two-tone paint; a 1965 customized carbon fiber Ford Mustang from The Ringbrothers painted in Spy Green from Glasurit 90 Line; and a 1967 Pontiac Acadian from JF Kustoms featuring R-M® ONYX HD custom red paint.
- Jay Leno, star of Jay Leno's Garage, appearance – Wed., Nov. 4 – A self-described "car guy," Leno exclusively uses Glasurit 90-Line on all of his vehicle restorations.
- Glasurit Best Paint Award Press Conference – Thurs., Nov. 5, 4 p.m. – Chip Foose will present the first ever Glasurit Best Paint Award, judging participants on fit and finish, quality of preparation and final presentation. To register your car visit www.refinish.basf.us/bestpaintaward by Nov. 2.
- New Paint Innovations – BASF will showcase its new Glasurit Water Boosters and UV primers, plus its R-M ONYX HD system and the recently introduced PowerFill Plus DTM Primers Onyx HD – the only paint system on the market that can be mixed as either waterborne or solventborne with a single set of toners.
- Custom Display Vehicles – BASF will also display a 1959 Chevrolet Corvette from West Coast Customs painted with R-M ONYX HD and a 2016 Harley Street Glide from Camtech Custom Baggers, featuring R-M Carizzma Candy Paint.
- Autograph Sessions – Chip Foose will sign autographs at the booth on Tues., Nov. 3 from noon until 2 p.m. Racing legend Richard Petty will sign autographs on Wed., Nov. 4 from 10 a.m. to 11 a.m, and Ryan Friedlinghaus on Thur., Nov. 5 from 10:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. and Fri., Nov. 6 from 10:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.
At its Collision Repair & Refinish section booth #16026, BASF will feature demonstrations of its value-added tools and services that help collision shops drive business success. Some of those tools and services include:
- VisionPLUS Online – Online business KPI tracking, analyzing and reporting system.
- VisionPLUS Scorecards – Automated Production and Estimator KPIs.
- Vision PLUS Performance Groups – 20 group meetings for business owners looking to improve their business through financial reviews and idea sharing.
- Advanced Process Solutions (APS) -- Built on Lean fundamentals, APS is a process of continuous work flow throughout the repair process. Current APS shops enjoy improved cycle time and touch time along with added capacity and reduced chaos.
- SmartTRAK - Comprehensive paint shop management system that goes beyond formula retrieval to make the shop more profitable.
To learn more about the 2015 SEMA Show, please visit: www.semashow.com
For press photos please visit: https://www.basf.com/us/en/company/news-and-media/news-releases/2015/10/P-US-15-183.html
About BASF Automotive Refinish
BASF's Automotive Refinish business makes and markets coatings for the collision repair, commercial fleet and automotive specialty markets. Its paint products are supported by technical training programs, advanced color information systems and business management and planning tools. For more information visit: http://www.basfrefinish.com/
BASF Corporation, headquartered in Florham Park, New Jersey, is the North American affiliate of BASF SE, Ludwigshafen, Germany. BASF has more than 17,000 employees in North America, and had sales of $20.6 billion in 2014. For more information about BASF's North American operations, visit www.basf.us.
At BASF, we create chemistry – and have been doing so for 150 years. Our portfolio ranges from chemicals, plastics, performance products and crop protection products to oil and gas. As the world's leading chemical company, we combine economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility. Through science and innovation, we enable our customers in nearly every industry to meet the current and future needs of society. Our products and solutions contribute to conserving resources, ensuring nutrition and improving quality of life. We have summed up this contribution in our corporate purpose: We create chemistry for a sustainable future. BASF had sales of over €74 billion in 2014 and around 113,000 employees as of the end of the year. Further information on BASF is available on the Internet at www.basf.com.