LOS ANGELES, Dec. 22, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- The movie industry is buzzing about the recently announced nominee list and predictions for the Golden Globes® awards show in January 2018. Leveraging its vast audience of loyal movie fans, Atom Tickets, a first-of-its-kind social movie ticketing app, collected survey results from more than 1,000 people between December 15-18, 2017. The goal of the survey was to invite movie fans to vote for a select group of the Golden Globes Best Picture nominees. The survey respondents represent a portion of Atom's audience, which is made up of nearly 4 million active monthly users* with more than 70% of them between the ages of 18-34.
Of those that responded to the survey, 62% said they plan to watch the Golden Globes and the following summarizes their picks. Starting with Best Picture Drama, Atom movie fans picked "Dunkirk." For Best Picture Comedy/Musical it was a tie between "Get Out" and "The Greatest Showman." In the best actress categories, Atom users loved the performances from Meryl Streep in "The Post" and Emma Stone in the "Battle of the Sexes." In the best actor category, Atom users awarded performances from Denzel Washington in "Roman J. Israel" and Hugh Jackman in "The Greatest Showman."
Atom's movie fans were also quick to share their reactions to what wasn't nominated. Atom asked them to vote on a few options for biggest snubs and they responded overwhelmingly (61%) that "Wonder Woman" should have been nominated for a Best Picture award. The other question they responded to created a Top 5 list of snubs, leading the ranked list of snubs was Jordan Peele of "Get Out" not being nominated for Best Director.
For a complete list of top picks, runner ups and biggest snubs from the survey, see details below.
1. Which of these movies would you give the Golden Globe for BEST PICTURE DRAMA?
- "Dunkirk" – 34.8% Top Pick
- "The Shape of Water" – Runner Up
2. Which of these movies would you give the Golden Globe for BEST PICTURE COMEDY/MUSICAL?
- "Get Out" – 22.9% Top Pick (Tied)
- "The Greatest Showman" – 22.9% Top Pick (Tied)
3. Which of these actresses would you give the Golden Globe for BEST ACTRESS IN A DRAMA?
- Meryl Streep, "The Post" – 22.8% Top Pick
- Michelle Williams, "All the Money in the World" – Runner Up
4. Which of these actresses would you give the Golden Globe for BEST ACTRESS IN A COMEDY/MUSICAL?
- Emma Stone, "Battle of the Sexes" – 28.4% Top Pick Top Pick
- Margot Robbie, "I, Tonya" – Runner Up
5. Which of these actors would you give the Golden Globe for BEST ACTOR IN A DRAMA?
- Denzel Washington, "Roman J. Israel, Esq." – 31.5% Top Pick
- Tom Hanks, "The Post" – Runner Up
6. Which of these actors would you give the Golden Globe for BEST ACTOR IN A COMEDY/MUSICAL?
- Hugh Jackman, "The Greatest Showman" – 31.5% Top Pick
- Daniel Kaluuya, "Get Out" – Runner Up
7. Atom users felt that the following blockbuster movies starring female leads that were NOT NOMINATED but SHOULD HAVE BEEN NOMINATED for a Golden Globe in any category:
- "Wonder Woman" – 61.7% Top Pick
- "Beauty and the Beast" – Runner Up
8. The following were voted the Top 5 Biggest Snubs (ranked in order) of the 2017 Golden Globe nominations:
- Jordan Peele of "Get Out" not being nominated for Best Director – 18.4% Top Pick
- Gal Gadot not being nominated Best Actress in a drama for "Wonder Woman"
- Patty Jenkins of "Wonder Woman" not being nominated for Best Director
- "Wonder Woman" not being nominated for Best Picture in the drama category
- Tiffany Haddish not being nominated for Best Supporting Actress in a comedy for "Girls Trip"
How Atom Tickets Works:
Atom Tickets re-imagines the most convenient way for users to plan a night out at the movies. The free app and website provide relevant reviews, trailers and synopses to help customers make the best decision on what to see. Moviegoers may then invite friends (via Facebook or their contact lists) to purchase their own tickets to join them. Atom offers streamlined ordering of tickets and concessions from any Android or iOS phone. At the theater, users go directly to the ushers and concession counters, where they simply scan a QR code at tablet kiosks. Paper tickets and IOUs have been replaced by Atom's innovative platform, which keeps all plans, messaging, payment and tickets in one place.
About Atom Tickets
Atom Tickets is the first-of-its-kind social movie ticketing app. Backed by Lionsgate, Disney and Twentieth Century Fox Film, Atom Tickets allows consumers to search for films instantly, invite friends, buy tickets, pre-order concessions and more. Enabled on nearly 19,000 screens across the U.S., the platform's innovative marketing capabilities help studios, exhibitors and brands maximize revenue opportunities. Atom Tickets is available as a free app in the Apple App Store and the Google Play Store and online at atomtickets.com.
*Internal Data, December 2017.
For More Information:
SOURCE Atom Tickets