ARVADA, Colo., Dec. 14, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- Lead must be responsibly handled and disposed of at EPA-approved disposal sites. How shooting range owners dispose of their lead is crucial to their operational planning, OSHA and EPA compliance and the health of their staff and customers.
MT2, the nation's largest firing range lead reclamation and maintenance contractor, was asked by the NSSF to contribute to a series of educational articles and videos on this critical topic for firing range owners on their newly designed website www.nssf.org. The first topic covered is titled "How to Manage Your Lead Reclamation" by James M. Barthel, CEO of MT2, and includes important considerations including "What is My Lead Waste?"
"We are proud to come alongside the NSSF to help educate firing range owners and operators understand how to not only comply with the law, but also protect their shooters, employees and community," stated James Barthel, MT2 CEO. "We are passionate about gun range operational safety, lead management and cleanup, protecting our environment and protecting people from the hazards of lead. MT2 is well known industry wide for being the nation's #1 largest professional provider of the full scale of outdoor/indoor range environmental and maintenance services; We deliver our valued clients the fully integrated combination of design and build services best suited for their needs involving additional expert partner firms where beneficial and based on our industry leading know-how. So, whether a range owner desires a simple cleaning and lead reclamation or a full-scale Project and Construction Management for upgrade, renovation or new build or anything in between, they have access to a single integrated best-value provider."
Focused on helping firing range owners and managers who face the problem of understanding the complex compliance requirements to adhere to OSHA regulations and environmental requirements for lead management and containment, future topics to be covered include titles such as:
- Lead-containing material disposal considerations
- Can a range dispose of clay/biodegradable targets as non-hazardous?
- Best Management Practices (as it relates to OSHA compliance) for indoor ranges
- Reducing filtration expense & proper filtration disposal
- Manifests, record keeping, documentation & medical surveillance
- Container Storage
- Recycling options
- Are "Fines"- OK to include in recycle or waste containers?
- Dealing with filters
- PPE-personal safety
- Proper maintenance of steel & gran rubber traps
MT2 is the #1 largest most cost-effective nationwide indoor & outdoor firing range lead reclamation & maintenance contractor providing the highest value for your recycled lead; having provided professional, cost-effective and high-integrity solutions to over 2,000 public and private indoor and outdoor firing ranges for military, law enforcement and municipalities nationwide in all 50 States since 2000. Specializing in:
- Lead: Reclamation, Screening & Treatment to MAXIMIZE Your Lead Value!
- Environmental: EPA & OSHA Consulting; Remediation
- Maintenance: Filters/Ventilation, Rubber, Traps, Decontamination
- Construction: Renovation, Design/Build, Improvements, Closure
No one reclaims more lead or finishes a project faster than MT2. NEVER Generate Hazardous Waste GUARANTEED!
James M. Barthel, President
14045 W 66th Ave Arvada, CO 80004