Apr 28, 2020, 04:35 ET
SAN FRANCISCO, April 28, 2020 /PRNewswire/ -- The global multi-access edge computing market size is anticipated to reach USD 15.4 billion by 2027, exhibiting a CAGR of 38.6% over the forecast period, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. Rise in the adoption of Over The Top (OTT) media streaming services and emerging demand among individuals to gain access to personalized content is expected to drive the market growth. Increasing number of users adopting the OTT video delivery model is expected to promote telecom companies and mobile networks to upgrade their existing infrastructure. Using the multi-access edge computing (MEC) architecture system brings backend functionality closer to the user network, which is expected to aid Multichannel Video Programming Distributors (MVPD) to meet their customers' demands.
Key suggestions from the report:
- The software segment is anticipated to be the fastest-growing segment owing to emerging demand among service providers to use software that can be deployed for various applications without making changes to existing 3GPP standards hardware infrastructure
- The energy and utilities segment is expected to witness the fastest growth rate over the forecast period owing to increasing demand among companies to quickly access insights and analyze data generated from remote locations
- The Asia Pacific region is expected to emerge as the fastest growing regional market due to strong support from the government to encourage advanced network infrastructure
- Some of the key players in the multi-access edge computing market are Microsoft Corporation, Hewlett Packard Enterprise Development LP,FogHorn Systems, and Saguna Networks, Ltd.
Read 175 page research report with ToC on "Multi-access Edge Computing Market Size, Share & Trends Analysis Report By Solution (Hardware, Software, Services), By End Use, By Region, And Segment Forecasts, 2020 - 2027'' at: https://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/multi-access-edge-computing-market
The industry is witnessing increased adoption in end-use industries, including IT and telecom, datacenters, and automotive. Apart from the dominant end-use sectors, the retail sector is expected to witness significant disruption due to the amalgamation of MEC over the next few years. Deployment of MEC technology is expected to enable stores to improve the performance of in-store systems and reduce data processing time, thus ensuring faster resolving of customer grievances. Furthermore, adoption of this technology is expected to reduce the load on external macro site, thus offering a seamless in-store experience for users. Reduced Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) due to integration of MEC in network systems as compared to legacy systems and subsequent ability to generate faster Return on Investment (RoI) is further expected to encourage smaller retail chains to leverage MEC technology.
Increasing number of IoT devices and the emerging need to gain access to real-time analysis of data generated by them is expected to drive MEC market growth. Furthermore, multi-access edge computing deployment allows the improvisation of resource utilization and alleviation of routing and computing burdens due to deployment via virtual machine from the network edge to cloud computing centers. Leveraging this technology in IoT can facilitate reduced pressure on cloud networks and result in lower energy consumption, which is expected to offer significant growth opportunities to the market.
Multi-access edge computing is expected to enhance manufacturing practices and thus facilitate the advent of connected cars ecosystem. Connected cars are equipped with computing systems, wireless devices, and sensing, which have to work together in a coordinated fashion, thus facilitating the need to adopt MEC. The technology can be leveraged to exchange critical operational and safety information to enhance efficiency, safety, and enhance value-added services such as smart parking and car finder. Furthermore, provision of road hazard mapping system, collision warning, emergency vehicle warning, and congestion detection is attracting individuals to experience these features, which is boosting the market growth.
Grand View Research has segmented the global multi-access edge computing market based on solution, end use, and region:
- Multi-access Edge Computing Solution Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2016 - 2027)
- Multi-access Edge Computing End-Use Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2016 - 2027)
- IT & Telecom
- Smart Cities, Smart Homes, & Smart Buildings
- Energy & Utilities
- Others (Healthcare, Agriculture)
- Multi-access Edge Computing Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2016 - 2027)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
Find more research reports on Communication Services Industry, by Grand View Research:
- Unified Communications Market – The global unified communications market size was valued at USD 56.33 billion in 2018 and is expected to register a CAGR of 16.8% from 2019 to 2025.
- 5G Services Market – The global 5G services market size is estimated to reach USD 45.7 billion by 2020 and register a CAGR of 32.1% from 2021 to 2025.
- Online Food Delivery Services Market– The global online food delivery services market size was valued at USD 23,539.40 million in 2018 and is expected to register a CAGR of 15.4% over the forecast period.
Gain access to Grand View Compass, our BI enabled intuitive market research database of 10,000+ reports
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, U.S.-based market research and consulting company, provides syndicated as well as customized research reports and consulting services. Registered in California and headquartered in San Francisco, the company comprises over 425 analysts and consultants, adding more than 1200 market research reports to its vast database each year. These reports offer in-depth analysis on 46 industries across 25 major countries worldwide. With the help of an interactive market intelligence platform, Grand View Research helps Fortune 500 companies and renowned academic institutes understand the global and regional business environment and gauge the opportunities that lie ahead.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc.
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
Email: [email protected]
Follow Us: LinkedIn | Twitter
SOURCE Grand View Research, Inc.
Share this article