SAN FRANCISCO, June 5, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- ICAP Patent Brokerage, a division of ICAP plc and the world's largest intellectual property brokerage firm and organizer of ICAP Ocean Tomo Auctions, is offering for auction a patent portfolio for a multiple recipient file sharing system from a mobile. The lot will be included in the 16th ICAP Ocean Tomo IP Auction on July 26, 2012, at the Julia Morgan Ballroom in San Francisco, California.
Conventional services such as MMS (Multimedia Messaging Service) enable file sharing between two mobile devices. However, MMS allows transmission of only one image file at a time to a single recipient. Also, the MMS user interface tends to be inconvenient. Techniques for a convenient mechanism that allows transfer and distribution of multiple files to multiple recipients will be desirable to heavy users of mobile devices – particularly those who share files frequently.
Key Characteristics & Benefits
This patent portfolio discloses a technique for sharing and distributing files stored in a mobile device to multiple recipients.
- Files stored in folders on an internet enabled mobile device are distributed to selected recipients automatically on a single action from the user.
- Using this technology, the folder structure as well as the files on the mobile device can be replicated and mapped onto a remote server, from where they are distributed to the specified recipients.
- This technique includes pre-associating any number of e-mail addresses of recipients to the folders containing files on the mobile device that are to be shared on the network (e.g., the Internet).
- File distribution is done automatically based on file updates or other triggering events.
This patented technology will be important to all mobile service providers, particularly as related to:
- Online file sharing and distribution
- Online data back-up archiving
To learn more about the assets available for sale in this portfolio:
Contact Paul Greco of ICAP Patent Brokerage at [email protected]
About ICAP Patent Brokerage
ICAP Patent Brokerage, a division of ICAP plc and the world's largest intellectual property brokerage and patent auction firm.
ICAP is the world's leading interdealer broker and provider of post trade services. The Group matches buyers and sellers in the wholesale markets in interest rates, credit, commodities, foreign exchange, emerging markets, equities and equity derivatives through voice and electronic networks. ICAP plc was added to the FTSE 100 Index on 30 June 2006. For more information go to www.icap.com.
SOURCE ICAP Patent Brokerage