BOULDER, Colo., April 22, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- Concerned with the dramatic acceleration in skin cancer diagnoses and other serious health risks associated with prolonged sun exposure, MyChelle Dermaceuticals is taking action. This spring, the company is partnering with the Environmental Working Group (EWG) to promote its Sun Safety public awareness campaign, which launches May 1. "Practice Smart Sun" aims to provide the public information and advice for reducing the risks of skin damage and diseases related to inadequate sun protection.
Here Comes the Sun Protection
As in previous years, the EWG will publish the results of its 2015 Annual Guide to Sunscreens, which includes safety ratings and efficacy of approximately 700 sunscreens and daily moisturizers with SPF values. According to previous EWG findings, only one in four SPF moisturizers offer adequate sun protection. MyChelle sunscreens offer broad-spectrum SPF/UV protection and are some of the highest rated by the EWG. Through June, four of the company's top-rated sun protection products will be available at a 15% discount online and at participating retailers: Sun Shield SPF 28 (MSRP $20.00/2.3 oz.), Sun Shield Coconut SPF 28 (MSRP $20.00/2.3 oz.), Daily Defense Cream SPF 17 (MSRP $23.50/1.2 oz.),and Replenishing Solar Defense SPF 30 (MSRP $31.25/2.3 oz.).
5 Beauty Tips for Solar Defense
Incorporating an effective sunscreen into the daily beauty routine is easy, and critical for year-round skin protection. When used consistently, sunscreens can slow the signs of photoaging. Yet, according to a recent summertime beauty survey conducted by consumer intelligence agency Poshly.com, only 27% of women sampled are wearing sunscreen every day; 57% believe the SPF in their makeup is sufficient for sun protection, and 54% of those using sunscreen daily fail to reapply. MyChelle offers the following tips for incorporating sun protection into a daily skin care routine.
- Use a lightweight, broad-spectrum sunscreen as a make-up primer to block UVA and UVB rays. Tinted moisturizers and foundations with SPF (Sun Protection Factor) only provide enough protection against the sunburn-causing UVB rays
- Wear makeup with SPF for an extra layer of protection. Layering make-up with a SPF of 15 or more over sunscreen provides natural coverage and additional sun protection.
- Always apply sunscreen around the eyes. Many skin cancers occur in the lash and lower lid areas. Because the eyes protrude outward, the surrounding skin tends to attract more harmful UV rays.
- Skip the towelettes, powders and tanning oils. Even if these products claim to contain sunscreen ingredients, the levels are very low and offer little, if any, sun protection.
- Complete the look. Wear wide-brimmed hats, quality sunglasses and clothing with 30+UFP protection.
MyChelle Dermaceuticals products are available at www.mychelle.com and at natural retail stores including Whole Foods Market. For the latest updates, follow MyChelle on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
About MyChelle Dermaceuticals
The pioneer in clean, bioactive skin care, MyChelle Dermaceuticals revolutionized the natural beauty industry in 2000 as the first company to use anti-aging peptides, plant stem cells and clinically proven dermatological ingredients for guaranteed visible results. Sustainable manufacturing practices and charitable pursuits support a full line of highly effective cleansers, moisturizers, serums, nourishing creams, and sun protection. Learn more at mychelle.com.
SOURCE MyChelle Dermaceuticals