COSTA MESA, Calif., Nov. 1, 2011 /PRNewswire/ --
- NADAguides, the leading provider of vehicle pricing and information, announces the 2011 Dodge Durango as the Car of the Month for November – greatly improved power, performance and drive coupled with an economical price tag make the Durango an impressive SUV worthy of this coveted award.
- The 2011 Dodge Durango's first complete overhaul inside and out since 2008 caught the attention of the analysts at NADAguides. The fresh exterior look, quality interior upgrades, a safety system that surpasses the competition, ample space throughout the vehicle, comfort, technology and performance make the Dodge Durango impressive all around.
- Best-in-class power, best-in-class towing and best-in-class driving range combined with a 2011 Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS) Top Safety Pick further solidify the 2011 Dodge Durango as a segment leader and the NADAguides Car of the Month for November.
- The 2011 Dodge Durango has a starting MSRP of $29,195 for the 2WD 4dr Express and goes up to a MSRP of $44,020 for the top end AWD 4dr Citadel model.
- Troy Snyder, Director of Product Development at NADAguides: "This is a brand new truck. Not the old Durango with updated taillights and bumper covers. The 2011 Dodge Durango is a completely new and improved vehicle and a true modern day SUV as well. The interior features are surprisingly luxurious and plentiful. The ride is phenomenal and you find yourself creating excuses to return to the Durango for another spin. The new design is lead by a fierce front end and the power that is readily available and smooth to transition is fierce as well. The Durango combined comfort, power, sharp design work and today's best features to earn a place on this year's Car of the Month list."
- Reid Bigland, president and CEO – Dodge Brand: "We're extremely pleased NADAguides has recognized the Dodge Durango as the Car of the Month for November," said Reid Bigland, President and CEO – Dodge brand. "It's always an honor when automotive experts recognize the style, capability and value we're offering with our all-new lineup of vehicles. With Durango's class leading towing capacity, best-in-class driving range and premium interior, it truly is one of the best choices in the seven-passenger SUV segment."
2011 Dodge Durango Highlights
- Engine: The 2011 Dodge Durango comes standard with a 3.6-liter V6 24-valve VVT engine and 5-speed automatic transmission while the R/T version offers a 5.7-liter V8 HEMI® MDS VVT engine. The 3.6-liter models offer an estimated 16 MPG city, 23 MPG highway, while the 5.7-liter version achieves an estimated 14 MPG city and 20 MPG highway. With standard trailer sway control, an available all-wheel drive system, fully independent suspension and towing capacity of up to 6,200 lbs for the V6 and an impressive 7,400 lbs for the V8 this is one tough truck. The analysts at NADAguides noticed a difference in overall driving performance due to the rolling resistance improvements and much improved suspension system; the Durango ride felt more like a luxury vehicle than a rough road SUV.
- Interior: Every inch of the 2011 Dodge Durango has been improved and upgraded – a leather-wrapped, heated steering wheel, heated and ventilated front seats, heated rear seats, and ample space, even with three rows of seating. Not only does the Durango ride like a luxury vehicle, the interior look and feel screams luxury as well. Fluid lines, finely crafted features and soft-touch materials are found throughout the 2011 Dodge Durango.
- Technology: Electronic vehicle information control switches on the steering wheel, a new Alpine® premium audio system with nine speakers and subwoofer, Garmin® navigation, and Keyless Enter-N-Go™ pack the 2011 Dodge Durango with features that make it more fun to drive. The Media Center is a 6.5" touch screen that is CD, DVD, MP3, HDD, and Navigation ready with Uconnect Voice Command and Bluetooth capabilities. With all of the controls easily in reach and intuitive for the user, NADAguides thinks Dodge mastered the balance of functionality, clean looks and impressive features to make this a vehicle that consumers can easily adapt to.
- Safety: As for safety, the 2011 Dodge Durango rises above the competition. It comes equipped with side curtain airbags in all rows, front seat-mounted side airbags, advanced multistage front airbags, electronic stability control, Blind Spot and Rear Cross Path Detection, ParkView Rear Back-up camera and ParkSense Rear Park Assist System. In addition, Dodge used advanced technology to add features such as Adaptive Speed Control/Forward Collision Warning and Enhanced Accident Response System. Both are designed to help prevent collision of any kind by alerting with an audible chime when something crosses the path behind the vehicle or if the sensors detect when a vehicle may be coming too close, too quickly to the vehicle. All of these features helped the 2011 Dodge Durango earn an IIHS Top Safety Pick.
- Price/Warranty: The 2011 Dodge Durango has a starting MSRP of $29,195 for the 2WD 4dr Express and goes up to a starting MSRP of $44,020 for the AWD 4dr Citadel model. Dodge offers a five year, 100,000 mile warranty.
About NADAguides Car of the Month Award
The NADAguides Car of the Month award provides consumers with practical information on new cars, trucks and SUVs chosen by the analysts at NADAguides for exceptional performance, efficiency, features, options and appeal. Criteria used to determine the Car of the Month includes: quality of engineering, fuel efficiency, safety equipment and ratings, pricing and overall value, sales trends, consumer market interest on NADAguides.com, and test drives performed by NADAguides market analysts. Car of the Month vehicles are eligible for the NADAguides Car of the Year award.
NADAguides (www.nadaguides.com) is the largest publisher of vehicle pricing and information for new and used cars, classic cars, motorcycles, boats, RVs, and manufactured homes. NADAguides offers in-depth shopping and research tools in addition to the most market-reflective pricing available. The company also produces software, mobile applications, raw data, web services, web-syndicated products and print guidebooks.