COSTA MESA, Calif., April 21, 2011 /PRNewswire/ --
To view the multimedia assets associated with this release, please click: http://multivu.prnewswire.com/mnr/nadaguides/43235/
- NADAguides, the most comprehensive vehicle information provider on the Internet today, announces its Consumer Market Interest Report for the first quarter of 2011 – revealing that the consumer interest leaders on NADAguides.com are the 2011 Ford F-150, 2011 Hyundai Sonata, 2011 Kia Sorento, 2011 Ford Explorer and the 2011 Ford Mustang.
- Data analysis shows Ford leading consumer market interest this first quarter, with three of the top five most researched vehicles on NADAguides.com including the F-150, the Mustang and the Explorer; all of which belong to the domestic brand.
- Analysis of consumer market interest patterns on NADAguides.com from Q4 2010 to Q1 2011 revealed a shift towards Korean brands and heightened interest in Toyota models as the 2011 Hyundai Sonata jumped in popularity, 2011 Kia Sorento re-entered the scene demanding attention and Toyota's overall popularity came back to life with the Camry, Tacoma and RAV4 leading the pack.
- NADAguides' analysts pointed out that the 2011 Ford F-150 did maintain its position as the leading model among consumer interest, but did slip in its overall lead by 4.19 percent.
- Data shows a shift back towards the SUV segment in Q1 2011 as compared to Q4 2010 as more consumers considered new SUVs with attractive fuel efficiency compared to crossover vehicles. Consumer interest on NADAguides.com for SUVs grew by 10 percent as crossover interest shrunk by 6.6 percent.
- Trucks and sedans continued their dominance of consumer interest with very little movement in overall popularity and a combined segment interest of 50 percent compared to SUVs, coupes, crossovers, hybrids, vans and wagons.
- Data analysis shows a drop in popularity for Q1 2011 as compared to Q4 2010 on NADAguides.com for the Dodge Ram, Chevrolet Malibu, Chevrolet Impala and Chrysler Town and Country as the competition for these models heated up primarily lead by 2011 Chevrolet trucks, Sonata, Sorento and Sienna.
- Not having been updated since 2009, the completely redesigned and now front-wheel drive 2011 Kia Sorento generated a tremendous amount of consumer interest replacing the Chevrolet Camaro as the third most researched model on NADAguides.com in Q1. NADAguides' analysts pointed out the attraction is most likely due to a comfortable ride, 29 MPG highway, keyless ignition, rear parking assist, dual-climate control and a nice list of luxury options including navigation with real-time traffic updates.
- While it would be assumed that smaller models or hybrid models might be on the rise, data on NADAguides.com shows differently. Consumer interest leaders, F-150, Sonata, Sorento, Explorer, and Mustang, offer fuel economy ranging from 23 to 35 miles per gallon, which shows that consumers are not only researching vehicles that offer great mileage, but are also taking long term practical needs and functionality into consideration as well.
- NADAguides' analysts note the current challenges faced by the Japanese auto industry have reduced the production of popular models such as the Toyota Prius as well as higher volume models such as the Toyota Camry and Honda Accord. This lack of vehicle supply will cause a consumer interest shift towards non supply-impacted models.
- Troy Snyder, director of product development, NADAguides: "Consumers shopping for new cars have more choices than ever before when it comes to economy, practicality, functionality, comfort and fuel efficiency. The versatility of the F-150 keeps it at the top of consumers' interest for obvious reasons, but crossovers and sedans are demanding more attention than ever with luxury-grade features, safety and more of what consumers are seeking for everyday life without the fear of needing to downgrade just to get what they truly want. It is a great time to be in the market for a new car."
- Jim Farley, Group Vice President, Global Marketing, Sales & Service, Ford Motor Company: "We are very proud of the F-150, the new Explorer and the iconic Mustang, so it is very rewarding for us to see these vehicles researched to such a high level by car buyers. This is yet another great achievement for our customers and for the Ford brand in North America. We believe this is recognition of the momentum we have built with our range of fuel efficient, technologically advanced new products that customers want to learn about and own. It is products like these that will continue to differentiate Ford Motor Company as a leader."
- Scott Margason, director, product planning, Hyundai Motor America: "Being the second most shopped vehicle in the entire industry for the first quarter of 2011 is a testament to Sonata's ability to attract consumer interest. With its Fluidic Sculpture design, large interior and standard 35 mpg highway fuel economy, Sonata continues to be one of the most shopped vehicles in the industry more than a year after its initial launch."
About the NADAguides Consumer Market Interest Report
The NADAguides Consumer Market Interest Report is a collection of data points from hundreds of thousands of research behaviors on NADAguides.com each quarter. NADAguides' Consumer Market Interest Report is an ongoing study tracking and trending consumer research patterns, purchase intents, and market and data interests within new vehicles.
NADAguides (http://www.nadaguides.com) is the largest publisher of vehicle pricing and information for new and used cars, classic cars, motorcycles, boats, RVs, and manufactured homes. NADAguides offers in-depth shopping and research tools in addition to the most market-reflective pricing available. The company also produces software, raw data, web services, web-syndicated products and print guidebooks.