COSTA MESA, Calif., July 3, 2012 /PRNewswire/ --
- NADAguides.com, the leading online provider of vehicle pricing and information, announces the 2013 Acura RDX as the Featured Vehicle of the Month for July. The second generation RDX was just introduced earlier this year and achieved its best sales month ever in May. Already turning heads with its new design, the RDX was also recently named an IIHS Top Safety Pick.
- For 2013, the RDX has been completely redesigned and features a new approach to achieving advanced performance and fuel efficiency with a new engine, transmission and all-wheel drive system. Featuring an all-new standard 3.5-liter V-6 engine that produces 273 horsepower, the RDX has definitely upped the ante from the previous generation, The RDX also includes the addition of an all-new 6-speed automatic transmission with a new lock-up torque converter. The new RDX delivers an EPA estimated city/highway/combined fuel economy of 20/28/23 mpg. NADAguides.com analysts appreciated the smooth shifting and the excellent performance and fuel economy achieved with the updated engine and transmission.
- The new 2013 RDX rides on a four-wheel independent suspension with a MacPherson strut front and multi-link rear suspension design. The new, longer wheelbase, wider track and lower center of gravity yields improved handling and ride quality. Acura has included its new chassis technology, which features exclusive Amplitude Reactive Dampers and a new motion adaptive electronic power steering system that replaces the previous hydraulic steering. NADAguides analysts were impressed with the RDX's improved performance and handling over the previous generation.
- Inside the RDX, consumers will find a new interior design featuring luxurious materials. Utilizing matte surface trim and leather, Acura's designers have given the RDX an upscale look and feel. NADAguides analysts appreciated the abundant use of noise insulation materials and the many high-tech appointments such as Active Noise Control that help create an exceptionally quiet ride.
- The 2013 Acura RDX has a starting MSRP of $34,320 for the front-wheel drive, base and goes up to $39,420 for the AWD and Technology Package.
- Troy Snyder, Director of Product Development at NADAguides.com:
"Completely redesigned for 2013, the Acura RDX has certainly elevated its status in the compact crossover segment with more power, better fuel economy, leading technology and the comfort and convenience features that car shoppers expect, making it an exceptional choice for Featured Vehicle of the Month of July."
- Jeff Conrad, Vice President of Acura Sales:
"It has been an exciting year for Acura with the successful debut of four new vehicles including the completely redesigned RDX, the all-new ILX, the RLX Concept, Acura's new flagship sedan, and the NSX Concept, Acura's long awaited supercar. We are thrilled to see customers embrace the right-sized 2013 Acura RDX. Setting an all time sales record in May, the new RDX is being recognized for its combination of class-leading fuel economy, performance and luxury."
2013 Acura RDXAcura RDX Highlights
- Engine: The 2013 Acura RDX makes use of an all-new powertrain that not only delivers significantly more horsepower, but also delivers improved fuel economy. Replacing the previous turbocharged 2.3-liter inline four cylinder engine is a new 3.5-liter, V-6 engine that marks the first use of Variable Cylinder Management™ (VCM®) for an Acura vehicle. Producing 273 horsepower, an increase of 33 hp over the previous engine, the V-6 makes use of the latest version of VCM® that allows for three levels of cylinder deactivation. Also new for 2013 is the addition of a Sequential SportShift 6-speed automatic transmission paired with a new multi-clutch torque converter. In addition to adding another forward gear, the new six-speed transmission is also smaller and lighter than the previous 5-speed automatic, improving performance and fuel economy.
- Interior: Inside the RDX, consumers will find an all-new interior with more of what they want including more legroom and shoulder room for both front and rear occupants. More cargo is now available along with a significantly wider rear hatch opening. Throughout the cabin, the "dual person" cockpit design makes use of more sweeping shapes and delivers more driver relevant technology, including a new hard disk drive (HDD) based navigation system paired with a new W-VGA color screen. With seating for five, the 2013 RDX also offers more cargo room than the previous model – 76.9 cubic feet of storage -- a gain of almost 16.3 cubic feet. NADAguides analysts noted the ergonomically designed seats that are designed to provide ample support during long drives.
- Technology: The 2013 Acura RDX offers a host of standard technology features including a new 360-watt audio system with seven speakers, a CD player, AM/FM radio, XM® Radio with Note function, Pandora® internet radio interface, an SMS text messaging function, a Keyless Access System with pushbutton start, an Active Noise Control system and a rear view camera system with three unique viewing angles. In addition, the RDX offers Bluetooth® Audio, USB port and AUX jack connectivity, and Speed Volume Control. Consumers can opt for the only trim package available – the Technology Package, which includes AcuraLink® Satellite Communication System, Acura Navigation System with Voice Recognition™, AcuraLink Real-Time Traffic with Traffic Rerouting™ and AcuraLink Real-Time Weather™ with radar image maps. NADAguides analysts were impressed with the advanced GPS-linked solar-sensing, dual-zone automatic climate control system.
- Safety: Acura's "Safety Throughout Innovation" initiative aims to provide a high level of safety equipment regardless of size or vehicle price. The RDX offers excellent active safety features including Vehicle Stability Assist™ and traction control, which can help the driver avoid collisions. Designed with Acura's Advanced Compatibility Engineering™ (ACE™) body structure, the RDX utilizes a network of connected structural elements to help distribute crash energy more evenly throughout the front of the vehicle. On the passive safety side, the RDX offers a long list of items including driver and passenger dual-stage, multiple-threshold front airbags (SRS), dual-chamber front seat side airbags and side curtain airbags for the front and outboard rear seating positions. In addition, the front passenger seat is equipped with Occupant Position Detection System (OPDS), an innovative technology designed to deactivate the side airbag if a child or small-stature adult leans into the deployment path of the side airbag.
- Price/Warranty: The 2013 Acura RDX has a starting MSRP of $34,320 for the front-wheel drive base and goes up to $39,420 for the AWD and Technology Package. The Acura RDX comes with six-year/72,000 mile limited powertrain warranty, a four-year/50,000 mile limited basic warranty and a five-year/unlimited mile anti-perforation warranty. A four-year/50,000 mile roadside assistance plan is also part of the comprehensive vehicle coverage.
About NADAguides.com Featured Vehicle of the Month
The NADAguides.com Featured Vehicle of the Month provides consumers with practical information on new cars, trucks and SUVs chosen by the analysts at NADAguides.com for exceptional performance, efficiency, features, options and appeal. The featured vehicle of the month is chosen based on its competitiveness within its respective segment. NADAguides' analysts compare MSRP, engine and horsepower, MPG, warranty, first year depreciation, sales and incentive volume as well as the list of standard features on each vehicle to determine the best vehicle in the segment.
NADAguides.com (http://www.nadaguides.com/) is the largest publisher of the most market-reflective vehicle pricing and information available for automotive, classic cars, motorcycles, boats, RVs, and manufactured homes. NADAguides.com offers in-depth shopping and research tools including, a broad range of data, products and services, informational articles, as well as tips and advice. NADAguides.com also produces software, mobile applications, raw data, web services, web-syndicated products and print guidebooks. NADAguides.com is an alliance partner of NADA Services Corporation.