MELVILLE, N.Y., Jan. 23, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- North American Partners in Anesthesia (NAPA) is proud to join the American Association of Nurse Anesthetists (AANA) and the American Society of Anesthesiologists (ASA) in celebrating the contributions of nurse anesthetists and anesthesiologists across the country during "National CRNA Week" and "Physician Anesthesiologists Week." To honor the contributions of its 1,400+ anesthesia providers for their accomplishments, professionalism and unwavering commitment to patient care, clinical sites at which NAPA serves will be holding local celebrations. In addition, NAPA will be highlighting its anesthesia providers on its social media platforms over the course of the celebratory weeks, which will take place January 23 – February 4, 2017.
"At NAPA, our anesthesia providers are at the heart of our organization," said John Di Capua, MD, CEO of NAPA. "Their outstanding dedication to patient care, and commitment to excellence and patient safety brings tremendous value to our organization. It is through their efforts that we are able to enhance the service experience provided to our patients and partners, and continue to enhance the way we practice medicine."
Below are some highlights of our anesthesia providers' recent achievements:
- Stephen Winikoff, MD and Kar-Mei Chan, MD Ranked Among (201) Family Top Doctors in New Jersey for Fourth Consecutive Year
- W. Joseph Hager III, CRNA at Pocono Medical Center was awarded the Clinical Excellence Advanced Practice Registered Nurse Award.
- Dr. Christopher Campese Elected Secretary of New York State Society of Anesthesiologists
- Mary O'Hanley, CRNA is a nine year volunteer for World Pediatric Project. This year, she participated in the first pediatric corneal transplant in St. Vincent and the Grenadines.
- Two NAPA Clinical Leaders Receive Health Care Award from Long Island Business News
- NAPA's CEO Dr. John Di Capua and Other NAPA Anesthesiologists Recognized by Prestigious New York Super Doctors® 2016 List
- Dr. James Walsh attended his eleventh medical mission in March 2016 with the Volunteer Health Program to the Dominican Republic. In addition, Dr. Walsh completed his third trip in October 2016 with Medical Missions for Children, where provided anesthesia to the children and adults undergoing surgical repair of eye strabismus, injuries and congenital conditions.
- Dr. Jason Guercio Featured Co-author in February 2016 Issue of TRANSFUSION
- Gwendolynn Randall, PhD, CRNA, ARNP was elected Vice Chair of the Anesthesiology section of the Society for Simulation in Healthcare. In addition, Ms. Randall participated in a medical mission, sponsored by Solid Rock International, in San Juan, Dominican Republic.
- Neil Kirschen, MD completed his ninth and tenth medical brigade sponsored by the American Association of Orthopedic Medicine in 2016. As an instructor for the not-for-profit organization, he was able to help the community of Guadalajara and Cancun, Mexico.
- Sarah James, MD completed her twelfth mission trip to Cienfuegos, Cuba in April 2016. During the trip, on behalf of the Plásticos Foundation, the medical team performed reconstructive surgeries with various congenital and acquired deformities in addition to educating local clinicians.
- Rosanna Hwu-Yun, MD ran in the 7th Annual Hope For The Warriors® Run, sponsored by the American Society of Anesthesiologists. For the 3rd consecutive year, she led Team NAPA in the run that raises funds and celebrates the strength of the men and women injured in Iraq and Afghanistan, their families, and families of the fallen.
- Ketsia Dorce, MD participated in a medical mission trip to Migori, Kenya. In three days, 81 procedures were performed.
- George Chacko, MD attended a mission trip, sponsored by the Maple Grove Mennonite Church, to provide medical services to those in need in San Juan Province, Dominican Republic.
About North American Partners in Anesthesia
As a clinician-led organization, North American Partners in Anesthesia (NAPA) is redefining healthcare, delivering unsurpassed excellence to its partners and patients every day. In three decades, NAPA has grown to become the nation's leading single-specialty anesthesia and perioperative management company, serving more than one million patients annually in more than 200 healthcare facilities throughout the Northeast, Mid-Atlantic, Midwest and Southeast. For more information, please visit NAPAanesthesia.com.
Jill Hoenigmann, Marketing Manager
North American Partners in Anesthesia
P: (516) 945-3030
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/napa-celebrates-its-crnas-and-anesthesiologists-during-national-anesthesia-professional-weeks-300394698.html
SOURCE North American Partners in Anesthesia