COPENHAGEN, Denmark, Nov. 12, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- An open ecosystem for Network Functions Virtualization (NFV) is important to enable rapid service innovation for network operators and service providers. Napatech (OSE: NAPA) today announced that it has joined the European Telecommunications Standards Institute (ETSI). Membership in this diverse global community allows the company to contribute to development of the required standards for NFV, as well as share experiences of development and early implementation. For more information on ETSI and NFV, visit http://www.etsi.org/technologies-clusters/technologies/nfv.
Napatech joins ETSI's Industry Specification Group (ISG), whose mission is to facilitate the industry transformation and development of an open, interoperable ecosystem through specification, implementation and deployment experience.
- Global producer of technical standards: Founded initially to serve European needs, ETSI has become highly respected as a producer of technical standards for worldwide use. As the effects of globalization accelerate, ETSI provides business and industry with efficient solutions for accessing and developing new and established world markets via standardization.
- Napatech to educate and assist customers in adapting to the world of NFV: Key challenges in deploying NFV effectively are network management and ensuring performance at high speeds. The same problems in the physical world will also apply in the virtual.
- Napatech accelerators enable real-time insight that allows NFV management to administer and secure networks:
- Company accelerators are used in commercial off-the-shelf servers, allowing network equipment manufacturers to build appliances that provide intelligent analysis.
- Products range from 1 to 100 Gbps, enabling analysis of applications and services through guaranteed data delivery and nanosecond time-stamping resolution.
- Visit http://www.napatech.com/products to learn more.
Peter Ekner, VP of product management, Napatech, said:
"Napatech is proud to join ETSI and be at the forefront of the development of NFV, which could be the biggest change to the networking industry in the last decade. NFV will dictate that solutions are divided into distinct hardware and software components. This will open up the market for multiple vendors and increased competition, as well as present numerous challenges for network equipment manufacturers. Napatech will continue to accelerate our customers' applications and time-to-market while reducing risk."
Napatech is the world leader in accelerating network management and security applications. As data volume and complexity grow, the performance of these applications needs to stay ahead of the speed of networks in order to do their jobs. We make this possible, for even the most demanding financial, telecom, corporate and government networks. Now and in the future, we enable our customers' applications to run faster than the networks they need to manage and protect.
No Forward-Looking Statements
This press release may be deemed to contain forward-looking statements. Readers are cautioned that these forward-looking statements are only predictions and may differ materially from actual future events or results due to a variety of factors, including, among other things, business and economic conditions and growth trends in the networking industry, our customer markets and various geographic regions; global economic conditions and uncertainties in the geopolitical environment other macro-economic factors and other risk factors set forth in Napatech's reports. Any forward-looking statements in this release are based on limited information currently available to Napatech, which is subject to change, and Napatech will not necessarily update the information.
For more information, visit us at http://www.napatech.com.