LEXINGTON, Ky., Nov. 2, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- When it comes to enabling governments to partner with cloud solution providers to enhance services for citizens, nationally-focused cooperative alliance NASPO ValuePoint is the premier choice, offering award-winning contracts for cloud solutions. The National Association of State Procurement Officials recently awarded the State of Utah's NASPO ValuePoint procurement process for Cloud Solutions its Cronin Gold Award, NASPO's highest honor.
Leading the procurement for NASPO ValuePoint, the State of Utah's awarded master agreements create a marketplace of NIST-defined, cloud-based services and applications designed by CIO and procurement professionals to meet a full range of government business solutions. Unlike other reseller contracts, all cloud service providers meet specific security requirements and agree to terms and conditions designed to protect government data housed in cloud applications.
"This new cloud solutions marketplace represents a major leap forward in enabling governments to partner with cloud providers to more effectively deliver services to citizens," said Michael DeAngelo, Washington State Deputy Chief Information Officer.
Not only do business partners and resellers offer all major cloud OEM service providers (AWS, Google, Microsoft, Salesforce, Splunk and more), but they also offer a full range of cloud-related consulting services to develop cloud-based applications or help modernize and move on-premise to cloud environments.
Utah Cloud Solutions contracting lead, Christopher Hughes, explains, "This portfolio of contracts was created with the help and collaboration of many different state CIOs, CPOs and organizations, including NASCIO. It is designed to help states procure the cloud services that they want with the protections that they need."
Benefits of these agreements include:
- Unparalleled choice and value from a dynamic procurement solution.
- Instant access to competitively-awarded contracts covering a full range of cloud computing services (which meet the National Institute for Standards and Technology (NIST) definitions for the four Cloud Computing Deployment Models of Private Cloud, Public Cloud, Hybrid Cloud and Community Cloud).
- Cloud-based services include the full range of NIST-defined service models:
- Software-as-a-Service (SaaS)
- Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS)
- Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS)
- A robust and growing marketplace of cloud services ranging from security-as-a-service, desktop-as-a-service, VOIP-as-a-service, ERP-as-a-service, and data analytics-as-a-service to application development through PaaS, and a full range of hosting and storage environments through IaaS.
- A strong lineup of well-qualified and project-proven cloud service providers with in-depth experience providing successful cloud solutions; select a best value provider from awards where cost was evaluated as a factor, or create a secondary round of competition to get the best fit and deepest discount for your cloud needs.
- A transparent, publicly-available cloud security framework (Cloud Security Alliance) to help states conduct due diligence for the presence of data security and controls appropriate for their cloud application.
- A dynamic portfolio of cloud solutions with a two-year refresh cycle, allowing both existing and new providers to compete for additional and new cloud-based services.
- Create the agility to quickly gain cloud computing benefits when a cloud application is the right choice.
For more information, please contact Dugan Petty, NASPO ValuePoint, Education and Outreach Coordinator for Information Technology, at DPetty@NASPOValuePoint.org.
About NASPO ValuePoint
NASPO ValuePoint is a unified, nationally-focused cooperative aggregating the demand of all 50 states, the District of Columbia and the organized US territories, their political subdivisions and other eligible entities spurring best value, innovation and competition in the marketplace. The NASPO ValuePoint Cooperative Purchasing Organization provides the highest standard of excellence in public cooperative contracting. By leveraging the leadership and expertise of all states with the purchasing power of their public entities, NASPO ValuePoint delivers best value, reliable, competitively-sourced contracts. Since 1992 NASPO ValuePoint has been the cooperative purchasing arm of NASPO (the National Association of State Procurement Officials) encouraging, fostering and guiding the nation's most significant public contract cooperative.
SOURCE NASPO ValuePoint