NATICK, Mass., July 14, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- Nasuni®, a provider of Cloud NAS to distributed organizations, today announced that Warren Mead, Nasuni's vice president of business development, will speak at both the Microsoft Worldwide Partner Conference (WPC), July 12-16, and the Microsoft Global Exchange (MGX), July 21-24, both in Orlando, Fla.
Warren Mead will be speaking at the following dates and times:
- Tuesday, July 14 at 10:00 a.m.: WPC Session: "Build a Profitable Microsoft Azure Practice"
- Thursday, July 23 at Noon: MGX Session: "Microsoft STU Management ISV Session"
Nasuni's Cloud NAS service gives large, distributed enterprises a complete, fully integrated solution for files that is bottomless, backupless and provides anytime, anywhere access to files. Benefits include:
- Unlimited capacity;
- Fast access to a global file share for all employees;
- Automatic backup as often as every five minutes;
- Full disaster recovery in less than 15 minutes;
- Mobile access to files;
- A cloud-based global file lock; and
- Centralized management for IT.
Nasuni uses Microsoft Azure as its primary cloud storage based on performance results from its recent 2015 Cloud Storage Report. And given that increasing Azure consumption has become a major focus within the Microsoft channel, the Nasuni Cloud NAS service is an excellent driver of increased Azure usage by moving customers off traditional on-premises storage and into the cloud. Many Microsoft Licensed Solution Partners (LSPs) such as SHI International Corp. have been delivering Nasuni and Azure to its customer base over the last year. There are big benefits for all participants:
- End-user customers get a complete file storage solution that costs 40 percent less than the combined cost of a typical NAS and data protection refresh
- Nasuni partners participate in a 100 percent channel-focused program that provides recurring revenue as well as a cloud data center offering; and
- Microsoft has a NAS Storage service that drives Azure consumption and provides customers with a global file system for sharing file data globally.
To date, Nasuni has moved more than 100 customers from traditional NAS storage to Azure through the Nasuni Cloud NAS service, a figure that the company expects will grow exponentially as the company rolls out joint go-to-market campaigns with Microsoft for Azure consumption in FY '16.
"Nasuni offers an extremely compelling cloud storage sales model to Microsoft resellers that drives Azure consumption," Mead said. "Not only do we provide partners with a recurring revenue stream, but this stream continues to grow as customers consume more Azure storage over time. And because customers get far more capabilities than they could with a traditional storage stack at 40 percent less than they would ordinarily pay, they stay very happy. It's a huge win for everyone involved."
Nasuni is an enterprise storage company that provides distributed organizations with a powerful Cloud NAS system. By combining on-premises hardware and software with cloud storage, Nasuni delivers a secure data storage solution that provides high performance for users, simplified and centralized management for IT, and an easily scalable, complete storage service for the global enterprise. Nasuni is privately held and based in Natick, Mass. For more information, visit www.nasuni.com.
Nasuni is privately held and based in Natick, Mass. For more information, visit www.nasuni.com.
All company and product names are property of their respective owners.
For more information, contact:
Davies Murphy Group