Entries for the Annual Competition Accepted Through April 1
WASHINGTON, March 14, 2011 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- The National Press Club, the World's Leading Professional Organization for Journalists and the "Place Where News Happens," is accepting entries for its annual journalism competition, the National Press Club Awards, through April 1, with print, online and broadcast reports eligible for consideration in several categories.
- The National Press Club Awards are given for consumer reporting, Washington regional reporting, press criticism, newsletter reporting, online journalism, political journalism, writing on geriatric issues, humor writing, animal reporting, aerospace and defense reporting, travel writing and political analysis.
- The awards offer an opportunity for non-traditional journalists to compete.
- Contest entries are free for National Press Club members and $35 for non-club members, and are limited to works of journalism disseminated in 2010.
- Entries must be postmarked by April 1, 2011.
- Awards are presented at a special dinner at the National Press Club in Washington.
- Last year's winners included journalists from The Wall Street Journal, The Miami Herald, The Salt Lake Tribune, The Seattle Times, the Chicago Tribune, PBS's Frontline and KLAS-TV in Las Vegas.
- The awards are sponsored by the Eric Friedheim National Journalism Library at the National Press Club.
Mark Hamrick, President, The National Press Club
"The National Press Club Awards are an opportunity for journalists to see how they measure up against some of the best in the business. Winning entries are selected based on their usefulness for readers, thorough reporting, excellent storytelling and superb writing style. Through these awards, the National Press Club is recognizing and honoring professional journalists for their outstanding work for the public."
- Categories and entry forms: http://press.org/sites/default/files/2011_awards_brochure.pdf
- Story on winners of the 2010 National Press Club Awards: http://press.org/about/awards
- Information about the National Press Club: http://press.org/about
About The National Press Club
The National Press Club, a private club for journalists and communications professionals, has been a Washington institution for more than a century. It is also a world-class conference and meeting facility that hosts thousands of events each year for sophisticated clients from around the globe. And while these are the club's functions, its mission is to be The World's Leading Professional Organization for Journalists. It is a social and business organization dedicated to supporting the ongoing improvement of the profession of journalism. For more information, visit www.press.org.
SOURCE National Press Club