ST. LOUIS, Aug. 20, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- National Car Rental, the premier car rental brand for frequent airport travelers, is launching its annual One Two Free® promotion for registered Emerald Club members. The promotion offers renters one free rental day* for every two qualifying rentals.+ Each qualifying car rental completed during the "One Two Free" promotion is worth 300 points, with a free day awarded once an Emerald Club member earns 600 points. This year National has increased the earning opportunities by adding the option to earn bonus points when renting in Europe, Latin America and the Caribbean. Members can earn up to 50 free rental days by participating in the promotion, which begins today and includes an earning period through Jan. 31, 2016.
"We designed the Emerald Club to help make the rental car experience as convenient and seamless as possible for frequent travelers," said Rob Connors, vice president of brand marketing for National. "The 'One Two Free' promotion has become an annual tradition with our Emerald Club members, and we're pleased to offer them additional opportunities to earn free days in appreciation for their loyalty."
As part of the promotion, additional bonus points can be earned through both rental and non-rental activities, including:
- Renting any size vehicle in Latin America and the Caribbean (one-time bonus of 300 points upon completion of a rental)
- Renting any size vehicle in Europe (one-time bonus of 300 points upon completion of a rental)
- Referring up to 10 friends to join the Emerald Club and register for the "One Two Free" promotion. To refer a friend, members registered for "One Two Free" can visit www.emeraldclub.com/Free to share a referral link via email, Facebook or Twitter. Participating members receive 300 bonus points when a referred friend becomes an Emerald Club member, registers for the promotion and completes a qualifying rental by Jan. 31, 2016.
- Downloading National's mobile app and using it to book up to four rentals (75 points per completed rental, up to four rentals)
- Participating in the Emerald Reserve service – which accommodates members who require a specific car class, such as a convertible, SUV, minivan, etc. – at Emerald Aisle locations (one-time bonus of 25 points upon completion of a rental)
- Visiting the Drive Alliance website from the "One Two Free" promotional page (one-time bonus of 25 points)
Customers can join National's Emerald Club at www.emeraldclub.com/Free and immediately take part in the "One Two Free" promotion. There are no fees to join, and members enjoy expedited service at airports and free upgrades in National's "Emerald Aisle," an exclusive section of the lot where members can select any vehicle as long as they reserve a mid-sized or larger car.
Current Emerald Club members can register for the promotion at www.emeraldclub.com/Free. Free days earned for qualifying rentals through "One Two Free" are awarded in addition to a member's chosen rewards earnings (frequent traveler miles/points or rental credits).
Emerald Club members may track and redeem the free rental days they earn through "One Two Free" between today and June 15, 2016, by visiting www.emeraldclub.com/Free. Up to three free days can be redeemed per rental at any time, including weekends. In keeping with the speed and convenience of the Emerald Club rental experience, National promptly notifies participants about their free rental days via email.
* The earned free day may be redeemed to cover the base rate for a rental day, but excludes taxes, governmentally authorized or imposed surcharges, license recoupment/air tax recovery, concession recoupment fees, airport and airport facility fees, fuel, one-way rental charge, additional driver fee or optional items, which shall be the responsibility of the renter.
+ A qualifying rental is the paid rental, via the Emerald Club, of a midsize or larger vehicle at participating locations in the 50 United States, including the District of Columbia (excluding Canada), for a period of two or more consecutive days during the promotion.
About National Car Rental
Founded in 1947, National Car Rental is a premium, internationally recognized brand serving the daily rental needs of the frequent airport traveler throughout the world. With National, time-sensitive customers in the United States are able to quickly choose their own vehicles, based upon their advance reservation and requested car class, and then simply drive away from the airport. National – which launched the car rental industry's first comprehensive frequent-renter program – further expedites the rental process for Emerald Club members by offering counter bypass as well as access to National's "Emerald Aisle," an exclusive section of the lot where members can select any vehicle as long as they reserve a midsize car. In addition, Emerald Club members can choose to receive EmeraldAlertsSM – emailed communications that include Arrival and Return Alerts, and Drop & GoSM service with convenient eReceipts. St. Louis-based Enterprise Holdings, through its regional subsidiaries, operates the National Car Rental, Enterprise Rent-A-Car and Alamo Rent A Car brands. For more information about National, visit www.nationalcar.com or www.facebook.com/NationalCarRental and follow @NationalPro on Twitter.
SOURCE National Car Rental