AUSTIN, Texas, June 5, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- NaturallyCurly, the very first digital platform catering to all things texture, is excited to announce the winners of their highly-anticipated 2017 Editors' Choice Awards.
Throughout the year, NaturallyCurly editors – ranging in hair types 2A to 4C – test hundreds of up-and-coming and tried-and-true products, tools and necessities designed for curly, coily and wavy hair. The editorial team deliberated countless hours to assign awards by hair type across 33 unique categories ranging from favorite gel, deep conditioner, to oil and much more!
"The Texture category is the most exciting, fastest growing segment of the haircare industry," said Michelle Breyer, Co-Founder of NaturallyCurly. "Each year, hundreds of new products are launched. That's why NaturallyCurly's Editors' Choice Awards are so important to curly, coily and wavy women. The NaturallyCurly editors are diligent about testing them, by specific product and texture type – to help take the guesswork out of finding the best products. With the Editors' Choice awards, we have helped millions of women find their 'Holy Grail' products."
The NaturallyCurly editors' selection process uses the following criteria:
- Product Efficacy: Does the product work for a specific hair type?
- Miracle Claims: Does the product deliver false hope or stay true to its claims?
- Additional Value: Does the product exceed hair goal expectations by providing unlisted benefits?
- Innovation: Does the product contain innovative ingredients? Is the product new to the curly community?
- Industry expertise: Are ingredients suggested for use by hair care experts?
This thorough process aides consumers through their decision journey. Consumers can trust that the items in the NaturallyCurly editors' maintenance and styling collections are the best in the industry.
Furthermore, this year's 2017 Editors' Choice Awards feature products by category and hair type, quotes from editors as to why products were chosen, and options for single-click shopping.
NaturallyCurly Editor's Choice Award Winners
Below are winners from popular categories among the curly, coily and wavy community; for a complete list visit NaturallyCurly.com
- Type 2: DevaCurl Low Poo Delight Weightless Waves Mild Lather Cleanser
- Type 3: CURLS Blueberry Bliss Reparative Hair Wash
- Type 3C: SheaMoisture African Water Mint & Ginger Detox Hair & Scalp Gentle Shampoo
- Type 4: Alikay Naturals Black Soap
- Locs: SheaMoisture Yucca & Plantain Anti-Breakage Strengthening Shampoo
- Type 2: DevaCurl One Condition Delight Weightless Waves Conditioner
- Type 3: Camille Rose Naturals Moroccan Pear Conditioning Custard
- Type 3C: Elucence Moisture Balancing Conditioner
- Type 4: Trader Joe's Tea Tree Tingle Conditioner with Peppermint and Eucalyptus
Leave In Conditioner
- Type 2: Briogeo Curl Charisma Rice Amino + Avocado Leave-In Defining Creme Conditioner
- Type 3: Brown Butter Sweet Milk Detangling Leave In Conditioner
- Type 3C: Brown Butter Beauty Sweet Milk Detangling Leave-In Conditioner
- Type 4: Camille Rose Naturals Coconut Water Leave-In Treatment
- Locs: Alikay Naturals Lemongrass Leave-in Conditioner
- Type 2: DevaCurl Wave Maker
- Type 3: Controlled Chaos Curl Crème
- Type 3C: Kevin Murphy Killer.Curls
- Type 4: Camille Rose Naturals Aloe Whipped Butter Gel
TextureMedia is the largest digital media company created to inspire, educate and empower the textured-hair community. Founded in 1998, the company influences up to $5 billion in hair care sales each year. TextureMedia operates a family of leading digital properties that engage multicultural beauty enthusiasts through original and user-generated content, branded entertainment, social media and commerce. Its monthly social reach is 26 million strong across its portfolio of brands, which include NaturallyCurly, the flagship, first-to-market platform that champions the textured-hair consumer, SHOP NaturallyCurly, the premier e-commerce destination specifically for curly hair, CurlyNikki, the leading natural hair blogger site and TextureTrends which provides powerful consumer insights and solutions for brands and retailers with research needs about the multicultural haircare segment.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/naturallycurly-presents-2017-editors-choice-award-winners-300468626.html