MIAMI, Feb. 28, 2019 /PRNewswire/ -- Royal Caribbean International's newly amplified Navigator of the Seas heats things up in Miami as she arrived into her new year-round home with $115 million of next-level features. The transformed 3,386-guest ship debuts bold, new adventures and Royal Caribbean favorites for all ages, like The Blaster, the longest aqua coaster at sea; Riptide, the industry's only head-first mat racer waterslide; a reimagined poolscape infused with Caribbean vibes; To Dry For, the first standalone blow-dry bar at sea; and elevated dining and nightlife. Beginning Friday, March 1, Navigator will sail 5- and 9-night Caribbean itineraries through May 2019. The action-packed ship will then set course for The Bahamas with 3-night weekend and 4-night weekday cruises, including visits to the cruise line's highly anticipated private island, Perfect Day at CocoCay, the unparalleled thrill and chill destination.
With adrenaline-inducing experiences, an array of dining and nightlife; and memory-making moments, Navigator of the Seas delivers the perfect short getaway.
Navigating New Features:
- The Blaster – the cruise line's first aqua coaster and the longest waterslide at sea propels thrill seekers through more than 800 feet of dips, drops and straightaways that extend over the side of the ship
- Riptide – the industry's only headfirst mat racer waterslide, complete with an exhilarating finish through a translucent tube for endless ocean views
- To Dry For – the first standalone blow-dry bar at sea, offering blowouts, hairstyling and other services, plus a selection of wines and champagnes
- Reimagined Poolscape – this Caribbean resort-style deck touts more pool for everyone – even a Splash Pad for tots – and tasty dining options Johnny Rockets Express and Mexican "street fare" at El Loco Fresh
- The Lime and Coconut – a three-level signature bar that offers a variety of libations, a "rooftop" deck for a bird's eye view and live music
"We have really dialed up the adventure and Caribbean vibes in ways that will make Navigator of the Seas the ultimate getaway to take from Miami," said Michael Bayley, President and CEO, Royal Caribbean International. "Independence and Mariner of the Seas, the first two modernized ships in our Royal Amplified program, have quickly become standout hits, and Navigator builds on this momentum with a combination of new, exciting features and signature Royal Caribbean offerings that will surprise and delight guests cruising with us for the first time and those who have vacationed with us before."
Delivering a Lineup of Royal Caribbean Favorites:
- Hooked Seafood – the casual eatery serving up New England-inspired dishes
- The Bamboo Room – a Polynesian-themed watering hole with kitschy-cool cocktails
- Playmakers Sports Bar & Arcade – where families can enjoy gameday classics, 50 big-screen TVs, tabletop games, classic arcade hits and a new Owner's Box VIP room
- Jamie's Italian – home to celebrity chef Jamie Oliver's rustic Italian recipes
- Battle for Planet Z – an epic glow-in-the-dark laser tag battle for the last planet in the galaxy
- Royal Escape Room: The Observatorium – a challenge for teams of families, friends or fellow travelers to solve mind-bending puzzles before time runs out
- FlowRider surf simulator, the rock-climbing wall, and a redesigned Adventure Ocean for the youngest of the family as well as new dedicated teen spaces
Navigator of the Seas is the third ship to be reimagined as part of the Royal Amplified modernization program, an investment of more than $1 billion in the cruise line's award-winning fleet. The effort spans 10 ships in four years and touches every facet of the guest experience with the introduction of a wide range of new thrills and Royal Caribbean staples meant to appeal to every generation.
Beginning May 2019, each sailing on board Navigator of the Seas will visit Perfect Day at CocoCay, the first in the cruise line's Perfect Day Island Collection of destinations around the world. Royal Caribbean's private island will be transformed with $250 million to deliver unmatched adventures and amenities, including Thrill Waterpark with 13 jaw-dropping slides, like Daredevil's Peak – the tallest waterslide in North America; Oasis Lagoon, the Caribbean's largest freshwater pool; the Caribbean's largest wave pool; Up, Up and Away, the helium balloon that floats up to 450 feet in the air; and Chill Island for some beach R&R.
About Royal Caribbean International
Royal Caribbean International is the world's largest global cruise line, delivering innovation at sea for more than 50 years. Each successive class of ships is an architectural marvel featuring the latest technology and guest experiences for today's adventurous traveler. The cruise line continues to revolutionize vacations with itineraries to the more than 260 destinations in 72 countries on six continents, including Royal Caribbean's highly anticipated Perfect Day Island Collection with the first private island in The Bahamas, Perfect Day at CocoCay.
Media can stay up-to-date by following @RoyalCaribPR on Twitter, and visiting RoyalCaribbeanPressCenter.com. For additional information or to make reservations, vacationers should call their travel advisor; visit RoyalCaribbean.com; or call (800) ROYAL-CARIBBEAN.
SOURCE Royal Caribbean International