LAS VEGAS, Aug. 27, 2018 /PRNewswire/ -- Navisite, a part of Spectrum Enterprise, the enterprise-focused arm of Charter Communications, Inc. (NASDAQ: CHTR), today announced that it has upgraded its Managed Desktop as a Service (DaaS) solutions with support for the new VMware Horizon DaaS 8.0. An expanded list of add-on services from Navisite enables clients to customize their environment to meet their precise business needs. Navisite, a member of the VMware Cloud Provider Program, is one of the first Managed Service Providers (MSP) to deliver a solution built on this new release from VMware.
The new DaaS solutions will be part of the Navisite Managed End-User Cloud portfolio, which also includes management solutions for Office 365, and a full suite of options on top of existing Horizon DaaS 8.0 capabilities. These value-added services provide clients with more flexibility, enhanced security and tighter integration capabilities across other end-user cloud solutions, resulting in a richer and more robust end-user experience.
"With our new DaaS solution and the power of VMware Horizon DaaS 8.0 and Microsoft Windows 10, the desktop in the cloud finally becomes a reality, freeing IT professionals from the mundane tasks of managing desktops across the organization," said Sumeet Sabharwal, Group Vice President and General Manager, Navisite. "As modern DaaS solutions combine Identity Management, Office 365 and the SaaS applications, which have become essential to business today, we are enabling the paradigm shift in end-user computing."
Clients such as PMGC Technology Group, Ltd., one of the UK's largest independent mobile, fixed telephony and IT Managed Service Providers, are already seeing the benefits of the newly expanded Managed DaaS solutions.
"PMGC has partnered with Navisite to provide DaaS solutions to Bournemouth Churches Housing Association (BCHA), a multi-discipline, not-for-profit organization, to centralize their desktop management strategy using Navisite's Horizon DaaS 8.0 Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) solution. Navisite's OpEx service allows us and the customer to better understand and manage their costs across the organization from desktop transformation, patching and managing software updates across a rapidly evolving IT landscape," said Shez Cheema, CEO, PMGC Technology Group.
Navisite Managed DaaS options now include:
- Standard desktops: Clients can choose from four standard desktop models with an increased standard storage of 100 GB per desktop. Every Navisite DaaS environment includes: Read Only Active Directory (AD) Controller, Virtual Private Network (VPN), Secure Socket Layer (SSL) and certifications as standard features.
- Customizable desktops: Navisite can quickly configure custom DaaS workloads for desktops, skinned desktops and sessions in minutes based on a client's individual requirements.
- Flexible licensing choices: Clients can select to provide their own licenses (Bring Your Own License / "BYOL") or to purchase licenses from Navisite and integrate the cost into the price of a desktop.
- Add-on services: Navisite provides clients with the ability to tailor their environment with add-ons such as anti-virus and patch management services, making every environment truly unique to each client's business needs.
- Integration with Windows 10: Navisite Managed DaaS, with its built-in security controls helping to protect people, data and devices, complements Windows 10, the first operating system designed for cloud.
- Workspace in the cloud: Clients can customize their Office 365 plan with support for Managed Desktop and Managed Office 365 and integrate it with their unique DaaS solution.
The Navisite End-User Cloud, along with Managed Disaster Recovery Cloud, Managed Azure and VMware Clouds, Cloud Security and Compliance and Professional Services solutions, help organizations meet their business objectives to offload IT functions and drive down legacy IT costs by shifting their infrastructure, application and development needs to the cloud.
"VMware is excited to partner with Navisite, a long standing partner, who is an early adopter of our Horizon DaaS 8.0 technologies," said Shankar Iyer, GM and Senior Vice President, End-User Computing, VMware. "With the launch of the new Navisite DaaS Horizon 8.0 offering at VMworld this week, Navisite is offering a modern client experience that includes options for Windows 10, Office 365 and Identity / Security Services on top of our new Horizon VDI platform. This exciting technology partnership enables greater client choice and provides a newer and richer user experience."
Navisite will be exhibiting as a Gold Sponsor in booth #1166 at the 15th annual VMworld 2018 U.S. on August 26-30, 2018 in Las Vegas at the Mandalay Bay Convention Center.
Navisite, LLC, a part of Spectrum Enterprise, is a leading provider of managed cloud services, including multi-cloud Infrastructure-as-a-Service (cloud IaaS), Managed Office 365 and Desktop-as-a-Service (DaaS). Offering a full suite of scalable and secure managed services, Navisite enables enterprises to confidently extend their applications and data centers with VMware and Microsoft Azure hybrid, private and multiple public clouds. Navisite helps clients use the cloud strategically, by pairing employee expertise across leading enterprise applications and more than 1,550 IT certifications with an international footprint of state-of-the-art data centers to deliver solutions tailored to each client's needs. For more information, visit Navisite.com.
VMware, Horizon, VMware Cloud, VMware Cloud Provider, and VMworld are registered trademarks or trademarks of VMware, Inc. in the United States and other jurisdictions.
SOURCE Charter Communications, Inc.