GLENVIEW, Ill., Oct. 12 /PRNewswire/ -- Navman Wireless is now taking pre-orders for the Qtanium 300, a ruggedized GPS tracking device for off-road construction equipment that is the latest addition to the company's OnlineAVL2 fleet tracking and management system. When the Qtanium 300 ships in late October, construction contractors will be able to use OnlineAVL2 to manage on- and off-road vehicles from a single interface.
Pre-orders can be placed at 1-877-891-5009 or email@example.com.
"The #1 fleet tracking request from the construction industry is for a platform that eliminates the need to use different applications for on- and off-road vehicles," said Renaat Ver Eecke, Vice President and General Manager, Navman Wireless North America. "With the Qtanium 300 and new construction reports for our OnlineAVL2 software, it is now possible to view the location of all vehicles in real time on the same map display as well as access all reports from a single menu. This saves time, eliminates IT overhead, and provides better information for routing and fleet optimization."
The Qtanium 300 – engineered and built from the ground up to operate in extreme off-road conditions – monitors the location of bulldozers, excavators, cranes and other off-road assets via GPS and transmits the data to Navman Wireless' OnlineAVL2 software for analysis. The resulting maps and reports enable fleet managers to monitor equipment location and provide insights that help optimize fleet operations through reduced fuel consumption, lower operating costs and increased efficiency.
Key features of the Qtanium 300 include:
- An IP67-rated waterproof enclosure and connecting cables
- Shock testing to 30G and vibration testing to 9G
- Up to 24 hours of battery life when in full operation, with a five-month backup battery ensuring the vehicle can still be located even if a thief cuts the wires
- Special engineering to prevent tampering with the antenna to conceal the vehicle's GPS location
- Support for all makes and models of off-road construction equipment
Related OnlineAVL2 software upgrades include:
- The ability to see the real-time location of both on- and off-road fleet vehicles merged on the same map, utilizing data provided by the Qtanium 300 plus its Qube counterpart for on-road vehicles
- New asset-specific map icons that instantly identify vehicles in user-defined categories, enabling at-a-glance differentiation of vehicle types ranging from front-end loaders and backhoes to pickup trucks and vans
- New construction-specific reports that document asset utilization, asset location, engine hours and sensor-based equipment information such as how many times a crane arm wired to the Qtanium unit by a sensor moves up or down
The new reports extend OnlineAVL2's extensive reporting library, which offers detailed insights into fleet, vehicle and driver performance including idling, stops, driving speed, geofence violations, maintenance needs and much more. System reports help reduce fleet downtime through proactive maintenance management based on actual engine hours, provide accurate equipment utilization history that can be used in developing job bids, improve daily cost management by accurately charging each piece of equipment, and help maximize fleet productivity and profits in a variety of other ways.
OnlineAVL2 is delivered under the Software-as-a-Service model with no major in-house software installation or maintenance required. The OnlineAVL2 application and all accompanying hardware – including the Qube on-road and Qtanium off-road GPS tracking devices, plus mobile messaging/turn-by-turn GPS navigation devices available for use with on-road vehicles - are developed and manufactured by Navman Wireless.
About Navman Wireless
Navman Wireless is a global leader in GPS-based fleet optimization products and services, including real-time vehicle tracking and OEM GPS solutions that enable companies to track, monitor and communicate with their movable and fixed equipment assets. The company's flagship OnlineAVL2/Qube system is installed in more than 110,000 vehicles owned by over 8,500 customers worldwide, making Navman Wireless one of the world's largest fleet management providers with coverage on five continents. Navman Wireless is based in Glenview, IL, with facilities in the U.S., Mexico, UK, Italy, Taiwan, Ireland, Singapore, New Zealand and Australia. For more information, visit www.navmanwireless.com.
SOURCE Navman Wireless