GLENVIEW, Ill., April 5, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Navman Wireless announced today that its construction-grade Qtanium 300 GPS tracking device and associated software have been named one of the Top 100 Products of 2010 by Construction Equipment magazine. The extension to Navman Wireless' OnlineAVL2 fleet tracking platform uniquely provides on- and off-road vehicle location, operations and performance data from a single interface, helping drive operating efficiencies and related cost savings across the entire fleet without requiring different applications for different asset types.
Key features of the Qtanium 300 tracking unit include:
- Support for all vehicle makes, models and years
- IP67 waterproofing, shock testing to 30G, vibration testing to 9G, and an operating temperature range of -30 degrees C to +75 degrees C designed for extreme off-road conditions
- Anti-theft measures including a five-month backup battery and tamper-resistant antenna, both thwarting efforts to disable GPS transmissions
- Quad band GPRS to ensure GPS coverage regardless of location
Key features of the integrated OnlineAVL2 software include:
- Consolidated mapping showing the real-time location of on- and off-road assets in a single screen view
- Access to both on- and off-road fleet performance reports from the same application
- Job site cost reports that track actual equipment usage and associated costs by site
- A full reporting suite including data on engine hours, maintenance status, idling time, equipment utilization, and machine attachment usage (e.g. buckets, hammers and shears wired to the Qtanium unit by sensors)
These reports provide fleet managers with critical information that can be used to improve equipment productivity, optimize preventive maintenance schedules, reduce idling and associated fuel waste, and improve job billing and bidding accuracy.
"Before we introduced the Qtanium 300 last year, there was no GPS tracking solution on the market that combined the durability to operate reliably in the harsh construction environment with the ability to manage both on- and off-road vehicles from the same application," said Renaat Ver Eecke, Vice President and GM, North America of Navman Wireless. "The product's inclusion in Construction Equipment's Top 100 list for 2010 recognizes the Qtanium's achievement in meeting those needs and the impact it can have on improving fleet operations."
The Qtanium 300 unit installs anywhere on the machine. The OnlineAVL2 application is delivered under the Software-as-a-Service model with no major in-house software installation or maintenance required. All hardware and software components of the company's fleet tracking platform are developed and manufactured by Navman Wireless.
About Navman Wireless
Navman Wireless is a global leader in GPS-based fleet optimization products and services, including real-time vehicle tracking and OEM GPS solutions that enable companies to track, monitor and communicate with their movable and fixed equipment assets. The company's flagship OnlineAVL2/Qube system is installed in more than 130,000 vehicles owned by over 9,000 customers worldwide, making Navman Wireless one of the world's largest fleet management providers with coverage on five continents. Navman Wireless is based in Glenview, IL, with facilities in the U.S., Mexico, UK, Italy, Taiwan, Ireland, Singapore, China, New Zealand and Australia. For more information, visit www.navmanwireless.com.
SOURCE Navman Wireless