CANTON, Mass., Dec 8, 2010 /PRNewswire/ -- NEI (Nasdaq: NEI), a leading provider of application platforms and lifecycle support services for software developers, OEMs and service providers worldwide, announced that its facilities in Canton, Massachusetts and Plano, Texas have passed annual renewal and are now combined under one common certification. As such, NEI has maintained its company-wide ISO 9001:2008 registration, and its facilities in Plano and Canton employ a unified Quality Leadership System (QLS) that is fully compliant with both TL9000 and ISO 9001:2008 requirements. TL9000 is a more stringent telecommunications quality standard for management and measurement systems, which includes all of the elements of ISO 9001.
"Achieving a single certification for both sites exemplifies NEI's 'One Quality' mindset," said John Gauthier, NEI's director of quality assurance. "Customers will experience the same support and customer care whether they deal with Canton or Plano because both facilities have the exact same processes in place. This also ensures business continuity and back-up recovery capability between plants."
NEI's QLS also includes demonstrated cost- and performance-based improvements of reliability and quality performance of products and services.
TL9000 compliance includes:
- 88 specific clauses that focus on strategic management to customer expectations and organizational accountability;
- Customer requirements traceability through engineering design development;
- Enhanced attention to lifecycle management, planning, and verification of products;
- Continuous product validation and change control throughout product lifecycles;
- Increased emphasis on customer relationships and communication;
- Integrated supplier quality management for continuous improvement;
- Comprehensive disaster recovery processes;
- Benchmark metrics to manage company-wide continuous improvement.
Registration No: TL1393
Product Categories: 6.1H, 7.4V, 7.5V; R 5.0 / R 4.0
More information about NEI's QLS system is available at: http://www.nei.com/default.asp?LINKNAME=QUALITY.
NEI is a leading provider of application platforms, appliances and lifecycle support services for software developers, OEMs and service providers worldwide. Through its comprehensive suite of services that include solution design, integration control, support and other value-added service capabilities, NEI enables customers to more effectively deploy, manage, service and support their solutions. Founded in 1997, NEI is headquartered in Canton, Massachusetts and trades on the NASDAQ exchange under the symbol NEI. For more information about NEI's products and services, visit www.nei.com.
NEI and the NEI logo are trademarks of Network Engines, Inc. All other names, brands and trademarks are the property of their respective holders.