NEW YORK, May 15, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- Every year in the spring, Neuberger Berman, a private, independent, employee-owned investment manager, organizes a global slate of community service projects. This initiative, which began in 2009, harnesses the efforts of more 1,000 Neuberger Berman volunteers participating in over 95 projects globally in 16 cities including: Atlanta, Boston, Chicago, Dallas, Hong Kong, London, Los Angeles, Melbourne, New York, San Francisco, Singapore, Taiwan, The Hague, Tokyo, West Palm Beach, and Wilmington.
Over the past seven years, Neuberger Berman has engaged more than 5,000 volunteers globally who have worked with more than 8,000 youth, reached 1,500 seniors and spent nearly 1,000 hours sprucing up parks and community spaces. In addition to these efforts, the Neuberger Berman Foundation makes grants in support of organizations that provide academic enrichment, job readiness and college preparedness programs for at-risk children and youth.
"We operate with a mind-set that our organization exists to serve others—be it a pension fund for teachers or a single client family—and these community projects reinforce the value of service. We appreciate our partners in these efforts and I thank all our employees for participating," said George Walker, CEO, Neuberger Berman.
Of the more than 95 projects occurring globally this year, select highlights include:
- Volunteers in New York will be working on a variety of projects including: packing and delivering meals with Meals on Wheels and Union Settlement; conducting resume reviews and mock interviews with the YMCA of Greater New York; and beautifying a classroom in Harlem with Teach for America.
- In Atlanta, employees will work with elementary students on math enrichment activities with Math is My Friend, Inc.
- In Boston, volunteers will prepare quality care packages to children in need with Cradles to Crayons.
- Volunteers in Chicago will prepare family food baskets for the Greater Chicago Food Depository, paint and clean a school with Anixter Center and host a book and pajama drive for Pajama Program.
- In Dallas, employees will serve meals with Stewpot, which services the unmet and emerging needs of the homeless and at-risk.
- Working with the American Red Cross, volunteers in Los Angeles will help to register blood donors.
- Volunteers in Wilmington will assist Creative Vision Factory with a mosaic tile installation at a community youth garden.
- In Singapore, volunteers will work with Willing Hearts at a soup kitchen to prepare meals for those in need.
- In Hong Kong, volunteers will partner with Hands on Hong Kong to assist with a science and technology fun day for students with disabilities.
- In Tokyo, volunteers will spruce up Azabu Child Care Center and help children enhance their communication and teamwork skills through games.
For information on the Neuberger Berman Foundation and Celebration with Service, please visit our Corporate Social Responsibility site.
About Neuberger Berman
Neuberger Berman, founded in 1939, is a private, independent, employee-owned investment manager. The firm manages equities, fixed income, private equity and hedge fund portfolios for institutions and advisors worldwide. With offices in 19 countries, Neuberger Berman's team is more than 1,900 professionals. The company was named the #1 firm in Pensions & Investments 2016 Best Places to Work in Money Management survey (among those with 1,000 employees or more). Tenured, stable and long-term in focus, the firm fosters an investment culture of fundamental research and independent thinking. It manages $267 billion in client assets as of March 31, 2017. For more information, please visit our website at www.nb.com.
All information is as of March 31, 2017 unless otherwise indicated and is subject to change without notice. Firm data, including employee and assets under management figures, reflects collective data for the various affiliated investment advisers that are subsidiaries of Neuberger Berman Group LLC. Firm history/timeline includes the history of all firm subsidiaries, including predecessor entities and acquisitions.
This material is being issued on a limited basis through various global subsidiaries and affiliates of Neuberger Berman Group LLC. Please visit www.nb.com/disclosure-global-communications for the specific entities and jurisdictional limitations and restrictions.
The "Neuberger Berman" name and logo are registered service marks of Neuberger Berman Group LLC.
© 2017 Neuberger Berman Group LLC. All rights reserved.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/neuberger-berman-volunteers-help-their-communities-with-service-projects-300457171.html
SOURCE Neuberger Berman