NEW YORK, April 27, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Neuberger Berman, a leading private, independent, employee-owned investment manager, is pleased to mark the seventh anniversary of its return to independence and employee ownership with its annual "Celebration with Service" program. The community service initiative in late April and early May includes more than 1,100 Neuberger Berman volunteers participating in over 100 projects globally in 20 cities: Boston, Chicago, Dallas, Dubai, The Hague, Hong Kong, Houston, London, Los Angeles, Melbourne, New York, San Francisco, Seoul, Shanghai, Singapore, Taipei, Tokyo, Toronto, West Palm Beach and Wilmington.
Celebration with Service is a key component of Neuberger Berman's signature philanthropic program, NB Impacts, which brings together all the resources of the firm – employee engagement, employee leadership and financial contributions – to meet critical community needs. Over the past five years, NB Impacts has engaged more than 9,000 volunteers globally who have worked with more than 7,700 youth, reached 1,400 seniors and spent nearly 3,600 hours sprucing up parks and community spaces. The Neuberger Berman Foundation, a cornerstone of NB Impacts, makes grants in support of organizations that provide academic enrichment, job readiness and college preparedness programs for at-risk children and youth.
George Walker, CEO of Neuberger Berman, said of the program, "We continue to see Celebration with Service, now in its seventh year, as a fundamental part of our culture. This celebration of our return to our roots – and all our philanthropic programs – reminds us that we are an organization in service to others and unites and inspires us year round."
Of the more than 100 projects occurring globally this year, select highlights include:
- Volunteers in New York will be working on a variety of projects including: serving meals with Part of the Solution (POTS); resume reviews and mock interviews with Frederick Douglass Academy II; and accompanying preschoolers from Association to Benefit Children on a trip to the Queens Zoo.
- In Boston, volunteers will work with students from the Dorchester Boys & Girls Club.
- Volunteers in Chicago will prepare family food baskets for the Greater Chicago Food Depository, paint and clean a school with Anixter Center and create art projects for Children's Advocacy Center.
- In Dallas, employees will take part in several projects: helping to serve meals with Stewpot, and working with children at Dallas Children's Advocacy Center and Vogel Alcove.
- Working with the Good+ Foundation, volunteers in Los Angeles will sort and package donations made to underserved families.
- Volunteers in Wilmington will assist Creative Vision Factory in completing a monument for a local hospital.
- In Singapore, volunteers will work with Food from the Heart to sort and pack food items for distribution.
- In Shanghai, volunteers will partner with Shanghai Jiuqian Volunteer Association and participate an environmental program for children
- In Tokyo, volunteers will spruce up Azabu Child Care Center and spend a day readying Shiokaze Seaside Park for the summer season.
For information on the Neuberger Berman Foundation and Celebration with Service, please visit our Corporate Social Responsibility site.
About Neuberger Berman
Neuberger Berman, founded in 1939, is a private, independent, employee-owned investment manager. The firm manages equities, fixed income, private equity and hedge fund portfolios for institutions and advisors worldwide. With offices in 19 countries, Neuberger Berman's team is more than 2,000 professionals and the company was named by Pensions & Investments as a Best Place to Work in Money Management for three consecutive years. Tenured, stable and long-term in focus, the firm fosters an investment culture of fundamental research and independent thinking. It manages $243 billion in client assets as of March 31, 2016. For more information, please visit our website at www.nb.com.
All information is as of March 31, 2015 unless otherwise indicated and is subject to change without notice. Firm data, including employee and assets under management figures, reflects collective data for the various affiliated investment advisers that are subsidiaries of Neuberger Berman Group LLC. Firm history/timeline includes the history of all firm subsidiaries, including predecessor entities and acquisitions.
This material is being issued on a limited basis through various global subsidiaries and affiliates of Neuberger Berman Group LLC. Please visit www.nb.com/disclosure-global-communications for the specific entities and jurisdictional limitations and restrictions.
The "Neuberger Berman" name and logo are registered service marks of Neuberger Berman Group LLC.
© 2016 Neuberger Berman Group LLC. All rights reserved.
SOURCE Neuberger Berman