CLEVELAND, April 11, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Border's Books filing Chapter 11 this year and the closing hundreds of stores make it apparent that the book industry has changed profoundly. Both traditional book publishers and booksellers struggle while Amazon.com thrives as buyers flock to the internet to buy both print and e-Books.
CMI Books, a new division of the Content Marketing Institute, meets these book publishing challenges head on with its online publishing model. CMI Books provides the essential services that authors expect from a traditional publisher with their new model breaking traditional publishing rules in three ways:
1. Fast turn around from manuscript to print
2. Delivers top author royalties.
3. Integration with e-Book distribution such as the Kindle and iPad.
CMI Books operates like a traditional publisher in the ways that still matter:
CMI Books is selective. They publish books that provide tangible benefit to business owners, executives and marketers. They seek authors who have strong writing skills, a powerful platform, and an ability to help market their own books.
CMI Books does all the work of taking an author's manuscript and transforming it into both print and e-book editions.
CMI Books sells each author's print and e-book editions via the major online retailers such as Amazon.com and Barnes & Noble.com in the United States, Canada, UK, and Europe.
Powered by its new publishing model, CMI books:
- Pays dramatically higher royalties than traditional publishers that can range from $3-$10 or more per book sold, depending on the retail price and the volume.
- Pays quickly with royalties beginning 120 days after the initial publication of the book--and monthly thereafter. Authors no longer need to wait 12 months for the first royalty check.
- Gets books to market quickly, typically within 3 to 6 months.
- Provides authors with as many inexpensive copies of the book as they need for promotional or resale purposes.
- Sells books on a nonreturnable basis, which means that every sale is a final sale.
For more information about CMI Books, contact President Newt Barrett at [email protected].
About CMI Books
CMI Books is part of the Content Marketing Institute (CMI), the leading educational resource for content marketing. Business and publishing veteran, Newt Barrett, leads the CMI Books team as President and Publisher. Newt brings more than 30 years of successful magazine, newspaper and Internet publishing experience to his role. In addition, he and Joe Pulizzi, who is CMI's Executive Director, are co-authors of the content marketing handbook, Get Content Get Customers (McGraw-Hill).
SOURCE Content Marketing Institute