OAKLAND, Calif., April 18, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Bersin & Associates, the premier research and consulting firm empowering HR organizations to drive bottom-line impact, today announced new research that shows that high-impact organizations are now increasing investment in leadership development at all levels, and particularly in emerging and mid-level leaders. Senior Analyst Barb Arth will unveil preliminary findings regarding this new leadership development research as part of her presentation, "Leadership Development Essentials for the Next Decade," at IMPACT 2011: The Business of Talent®.
Themed "Building the Borderless Workplace," the research firm's fourth annual conference takes place April 27-28 at the Vinoy® Renaissance® Resort & Golf Club in St. Petersburg, FL. Online audiences may see a schedule of select sessions that will be streamed live from the sold-out, fourth annual conference by going to http://www.bersin.com/impact2011streaming/
"We have entered what we call 'the borderless workplace,' an environment in which age, country, gender and organizational boundaries are going away," said Josh Bersin, chief executive officer and president, Bersin & Associates. "Our research shows that this new work environment has fundamentally changed the role of leadership. Today's high-performance leaders must focus on empowering employees at all levels, creating programs and incentives for knowledge sharing and innovation, and investing in globalized leadership development programs that reach professionals at all levels. The borderless workplace has also transformed the role of recruiting and talent management: HR and business leaders must now focus on building a global employment brand, cultivating new candidates through social networks, and driving employee engagement through career development and a focus on transparency at all levels."
Conference attendees will get a preview of findings from several other recent and soon-to-be-published studies, including:
- Benchmarking HR: Do You Dare to Compare? Principal Analysts Karen O'Leonard and Stacey Harris share their latest benchmarking research, which reveals key HR metrics – including spending, staffing, resource allocations and talent measures. Find out how your organization compares as this presentation looks at how HR budgets and staffing changed over the past year, and where HR organizations are investing their resources today.
- Trends and Best Practices in Modern Performance Management: Senior Analyst Stacia Sherman Garr will discuss Bersin & Associates' new Performance Management Framework, which defines how talent and performance management fit together. Garr will share findings from a comprehensive 2011 study on high-impact performance management, which analyzed performance strategies, governance, communications and processes in hundreds of organizations – with attention to talent and business outcomes. The presentation also will include case study examples from world-class organizations that have successfully implemented these practices.
- The High-Impact Learning Organization of 2021: Principal Analyst David Mallon and Senior Analyst Janet Clarey will use preliminary findings from their upcoming research study identifying top learning strategies and organizational characteristics that support consistent, positive business impact to take an exciting look into the future of learning & development and to provide research-based predictions for success in the coming decade.
- Tools and Best Practices to Build Tomorrow's Workforce: Talent acquisition is one of the hottest topics in HR and talent management today, as talent acquisition practitioners focus on delivering highly effective – and low cost – solutions for sourcing, selecting and onboarding top talent. Principal Analyst Sarah White delivers research-based insights into the trends of modern talent acquisition, and best practices for integrating social networking, increasing the quality of hire, reducing turnover and facilitating internal talent mobility.
- Current State of HR Technology: High-Impact Advances and Remaining Gaps: Principal Analyst Steven Goldberg will share valuable research findings that cover the types of system capabilities that deliver the biggest impact on creating and maximizing business value, as well as those that underperform, and the causal factors from both the solution provider and customer perspectives.
For the first time, online audiences will be able to attend select keynote and research sessions that will be streamed live from the IMPACT 2011 conference. For more details, go to http://www.bersin.com/impact2011streaming/
An on-site Demo Center will feature nearly 30 providers with solutions spanning a variety of areas, including leadership development, talent management, assessment, and recruiting outsourcing.
Full details, including the conference agenda, session descriptions, speakers and information about the workshops are available at http://impact.bersin.com/Agenda.aspx
Those interested in learning more about Bersin & Associates and its WhatWorks® membership may email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (510) 251-4400.
For media queries, email email@example.com or call (415) 465-2711.
About Bersin & Associates
Bersin & Associates empowers HR and learning organizations to drive bottom-line impact through world-class research and consulting. The company's WhatWorks® membership gives human resources, learning, and talent acquisition professionals the information and tools they need to drive change in their organizations as strategic business partners.
Bersin & Associates members use our insights and tools to benchmark themselves against best practices, design and implement programs across the HR and learning spectrum and select and implement systems. More than 5,000 organizations worldwide, including more than half of the Fortune 100, use Bersin & Associates research and consulting to guide their learning, talent, and human resources strategies.
Available Topic Expert(s): For information on the listed expert(s), click appropriate link.
SOURCE Bersin & Associates