ANN ARBOR, Mich., June 4 /PRNewswire/ -- Borders will open a two-level, 24,479-square-foot store in Dedham, Mass. in the Legacy Place lifestyle complex. The store will open to the public June 10 with grand opening celebration activities and events planned for Friday, June 25 through Sunday, June 27.
The site, located near Route 1 and Elm St., was selected based on a variety of factors, including consumer demographics, the strength of the co-tenants, traffic patterns, the availability of parking, visibility and the overall attractiveness of the new site. The store will be the twentieth Borders store to open in Massachusetts.
The opening of this new store is expected to create more than 60 jobs in the local community. In addition, it will serve as a community gathering place — a vibrant center of entertainment, inspiration and education — for the residents of Dedham and the greater Boston area.
Committed to offering customers an engaging and rich shopping experience that meets their needs, the new store will offer:
- A diverse and relevant assortment of up to 175,000 book, music and movie titles available in an inviting atmosphere with plenty of comfortable seating throughout the store.
- A Seattle's Best Coffee® cafe featuring free WiFi and a full line of premium coffee and non-coffee beverages, including lattes, mochas and blended beverages, and a fresh food menu, featuring pastries and sandwiches.
- A Paperchase shop with a wide selection of fashionable notebooks, journals, wrapping paper, greeting cards and other gifts and stationery items.
- A Children's section that features hundreds of high quality educational toys and games from top brands, in addition to a robust selection of books for toddlers up through independent readers.
- The Borders Teaching Zone — a section dedicated to the needs of educators that includes educational workbooks, curriculum development books, inspirational narratives as well as many non-book items such as stickers and classroom decor products.
- The Borders Ink teen shop — a special place were teens and tweens can congregate to check out the hottest titles and licensed product such as Twilight Saga related merchandise like T-shirts, pajamas, notebooks, journals, calendars and more.
In addition, the store will host a number of family-friendly events such as kids' parties and storytime, author signings, book clubs, as well as local events. Teachers will enjoy twice yearly Educator Appreciation Weeks where they can receive a 30 percent discount on nearly everything in store. Schools and nonprofit organizations can also take advantage of Borders' newly revamped "Benefit Days" where they can receive a credit of as much as 30 percent of their total net sales.
About Borders Group, Inc.
Headquartered in Ann Arbor, Mich., through its subsidiaries Borders Group, Inc. (NYSE: BGP) is a leading specialty retailer of books as well as other educational and entertainment items. The company employs approximately 19,500 throughout the U.S., primarily in its Borders® and Waldenbooks® stores. Online shopping is offered through borders.com. Find author interviews and vibrant discussions of the products we and our customers are passionate about online at facebook.com/borders, twitter.com/borders and youtube.com/bordersmedia. For more information about the company, visit borders.com/media.