LAS VEGAS, Jan. 6, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Sakar International today announced an expansion of its family of KODAK Webcams with new $19.99 and $29.99 models that make video calling easy as well as affordable for both PCs and Macs. Features range from clear full-motion live images and still image capture at up to 1.3 megapixels to built-in parental controls, drag-and-drop image uploads to social networking and image sharing sites, and a mini-tripod included with the $29.99 model.
Designed to simplify video chatting over services such as SKYPE and YAHOO!, AOL and MSN Instant Messenger as well as Google Talk and iChat AV for Macs, the new KODAK Webcams require no technical expertise to install, use or share captured images. They also offer the first affordable webcam solutions for Mac users, who until now have had few choices under $100.
The KODAK S101 Webcam (MSRP $19.99) features:
- A parental control lock-out capability that optionally blocks webcam use without a password to help keep children safe online
- Bundled control center software for easy video calling, image editing and image sharing
- The ability to record both videos and photos, including still image enhancement up to 1.3 MP with the control center software
- One-touch emailing as well as drag-and-drop uploading to sites such as YouTube, FACEBOOK and KODAK Gallery with the control center software
- A built-in noise cancelling microphone that eliminates the need for a separate microphone peripheral
- Plug-and-play USB connectivity with no need to download drivers
- Compatibility with WINDOWS 7/VISTA/XP and MAC OSX 10.5x and above
The KODAK Dual Webcam D101 (MSRP $29.99) offers the same features plus:
- A special form factor that allows the webcam to mount on most LCD display, stand alone on a desktop using the unit's adjustable base, or easily attach to a tripod for flexible device placement
- A mini-tripod included in the package
- A two-unit option – the KODAK Dual Webcam D101 Twin Pack (MSRP $59.99) – offering one to keep and one to give
Both products are available at Target stores. The KODAK S101 Webcam is also sold at Kohl's and Big Lots, while the KODAK Dual Webcam D101 can be purchased at Rite Aid and Fry's Electronics.
The new KODAK Webcams are being shown at Sakar's Booth #9841, Central Hall at the 2011 International CES show that opens today in Las Vegas.
About Sakar International
Sakar International Inc. designs and manufactures a wide range of technology, toy, and consumer electronic products. Founded in 1977, the company is the manufacturer of Vivitar camera equipment and accessories, a market leader in rechargeable batteries and youth electronics, and a producer of licensed products for leading consumer brands. Products range from digital cameras and camcorders with related accessories to computer, iPod, GPS and gaming accessories, binoculars, MP3 players, clock radios, gift and toy electronics. The company is privately held and headquartered in Edison, N.J. For more information, visit www.sakar.com.
As the world's foremost imaging innovator, Kodak helps consumers, businesses, and creative professionals unleash the power of pictures and printing to enrich their lives. To learn more, visit http://www.kodak.com and follow our blogs and more at http://www.kodak.com/go/followus.
Kodak is a trademark of Eastman Kodak Company.
SOURCE Sakar International