LAS VEGAS, Nov. 14, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- CA WORLD - CA Technologies (NASDAQ: CA) today announced the availability of CA Executive Insight for Service Assurance (CA Executive Insight), a new solution designed to catalyze a better and more strategic relationship between business and IT by giving mobile executives and decision-makers real-time situational awareness of how the health and performance of critical IT services impact business outcomes.
"Bridging the chasm that too often exists between IT and the business it serves is becoming more and more critical as IT services not only contribute significantly to business competitiveness – they are becoming increasingly transformative to business models across many verticals," said Dennis Drogseth, vice president, Enterprise Management Associates. "While the challenges are often as much cultural as they are technological, having a clear and compelling common ground for quickly understanding the impacts of service performance on business outcomes is the right place to start. With this announcement, CA Technologies is helping IT and business executives work more closely together via a well-thought out and pragmatic solution that should show relatively quick time to value."
"This pioneering product has the potential to change the way IT communicates with the business by embracing mobility, social media and self-service to help customers solve their biggest challenges," said Mike Sargent, general manager, Service Assurance, CA Technologies. "Designed from the ground up for the mobile platform, CA Executive Insight enables executives, business managers, and knowledge workers to answer fundamental questions about the business, regularly monitor potential risks, and make time-sensitive decisions that impact business results."
Customers in a broad swath of industries, such as banking, media, government, healthcare and MSPs, will benefit from CA Executive Insight. For example, an executive with a digital media firm will be able to understand in real-time business implications of IT service performance on purchases of newly released products such as songs, games, and ring tones by correlating the time it takes to perform a transaction (i.e. buy a product) to the overall fluctuation in the number of purchases. Also, a business manager with a MSP will be able to monitor IT capacity and gauge whether there are opportunities to approach clients for proactive offers based on consumption patterns.
CA Executive Insight's simplified approach to accessing and integrating data sources from various IT management applications delivers valuable metrics to IT and non-IT stakeholders in a mode that makes it easy to consume, share, and personalize. CA Executive Insight liberates overburdened IT organizations to:
- Fuel organizational agility by providing real-time access to high-value metrics anytime, anywhere;
- Amplify the value of existing IT management investments with fast and simple integration to existing data sources;
- Accelerate end-user productivity with a flexible and interactive mobile user interface; and
- Demonstrate IT's strategic value by giving a real-time view of how critical IT services affect business outcomes.
CA Executive Insight supports customers as they transition from simply managing IT to delivering business services. CA Technologies applies a unique value roadmap to each customer's business goals to deliver Business Service Innovation: new levels of speed, innovation, performance and cost/risk efficiencies.
Key capabilities of CA Executive Insight include:
- Real-time metrics: CA Executive Insight seamlessly connects with the industry-leading CA Application Performance Management (APM) solution to provide a rich source of information, such as average login time, calls in queue and total new subscriptions that provide insight into how IT services impact revenue generation, internal productivity, and brand value.
- Interactive dashboards: Users can personalize their information needs by selecting, organizing, and monitoring business indicators using an interactive dashboard designed for flexibility, mobility and collaboration.
- Mobility: Built to work consistently across a wide range of mobile devices, including iPhones, iPads, Android devices and laptops, CA Executive Insight gives users the freedom and flexibility to connect, explore, share and collaborate on information and decisions.
- Annotations: Users can add depth and value to metrics by adding annotations to business indicators that enhance clarity and context around their behavior, enabling better collaboration and decision making.
- Centralized and secure data: CA Executive Insight provides a consistent user experience across multiple mobile and Web platforms, enabling users to access dynamic views of information anytime, anywhere, while IT maintains centralized security and control of the data.
Current CA APM customers are eligible to receive five free named user licenses of CA Executive Insight. Customers can download CA Executive Insight via the same channel that they currently access CA APM software.
For additional information about CA Executive Insight, please visit:
- Press Kit
- Product Sheet
- Flash Demo
- Industry Analyst Perspective
- @CAsvcAssur on Twitter
- Service Assurance Daily Blog
- LinkedIn's CA Service Assurance Group
About CA Technologies
CA Technologies (NASDAQ: CA) is an IT management software and solutions company with expertise across all IT environments – from mainframe and distributed, to virtual and cloud. CA Technologies manages and secures IT environments and enables customers to deliver more flexible IT services. CA Technologies innovative products and services provide the insight and control essential for IT organizations to power business agility. The majority of the Global Fortune 500 relies on CA Technologies to manage evolving IT ecosystems. For additional information, visit CA Technologies at www.ca.com.
Follow CA Technologies
Copyright © 2011 CA. All Rights Reserved. One CA Plaza, Islandia, N.Y. 11749. All other trademarks, trade names, service marks, and logos referenced herein belong to their respective companies.
SOURCE CA Technologies