New Comparison Shopping Site Price Machine Calculates Fair Price, Tells Shoppers Where and When to Buy
Cost-cutting and Bargain Hunting Made Easy this Holiday Season
12 Nov, 2013, 09:38 ET
SAN MATEO, Calif., Nov. 12, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Price Machine™ (www.pricemachine.com), a new comparison shopping site offering tens of millions of products from top merchants launched out of beta today. The site helps price-conscious shoppers make smarter purchases by providing them with unbiased product search results and know-how for finding the best savings. The new shopping site's proprietary Fair Price Curve™ feature lets shoppers know if they are getting a good deal online. "Fair Price" is calculated by studying price history and the behavior of millions of shoppers online who purchase tens of millions of products around the clock.
Unlike other online shopping sites, Price Machine provides unbiased search results because it automatically sorts by price and relevance - not by how much a particular merchant has paid to receive top billing. The technology that powers Price Machine tracks a wealth of information about product prices, including real time price drops from merchants so consumers have the most up-to-date product information in one place.
"Hundreds of millions of people compare prices online before they make a purchase. In fact, we know that shoppers use two to five websites when they are browsing for an item," said Jeff Katz, CEO of Price Machine. "By creating an unbiased website like Price Machine, one where shoppers can always see the fair price, we think that people will feel a lot more confident when they buy online."
Key features of the site include:
- Fair Price Curve™ - Calculates the fair price to purchase any given product based on recent price history and data from real shoppers so that shoppers get a great deal when they decide to buy. If a price is at or below the Fair Price, it's a good time to buy.
- Unbiased Search Results - Sorts results by price and relevance only, not by how much a particular merchant has paid to receive top billing.
- Price History - Helps shoppers get a complete understanding of product price fluctuations over time.
- Tuning Bar™ - Allows shoppers to quickly find the best matches for their interests with high-powered search capabilities.
- Radar™ Price Alerts - Notifies shoppers via email when an item they're looking for becomes available at their preferred price point.
- Xpress Buy™ - Allows shoppers to make purchases more quickly and efficiently with the best price offered that day.
Price Machine is also available as a smartphone application on the Android mobile operating system, which allows consumers to stay informed about price as they shop in brick and mortar stores.
About Price Machine
Price Machine™ is a comparison shopping engine that provides consumers with a 360 degree view of a product's price, allowing them to make informed decisions about their purchase. With product listings from thousands of retailers, Price Machine has one of the largest selections of products and retailers on the web today and provides unbiased search results to consumers based on price and relevance – not advertising spend.
The site is a property of Wize Commerce® that owns and operates Nextag®, ApplianceShopping, guenstiger.de, and FanSnap® as part of a global shopping network all of which utilize our integrated optimization and traffic acquisition technologies. Wize Commerce currently drives over $1.1 billion in worldwide sales through its online shopping network and partner sites. Wize Commerce is headquartered in San Mateo, CA, with offices in Chicago, Tokyo, Hamburg, and Gurgaon, India.
For more information please visit: www.pricemachine.com
For more information on Wize Commerce please visit www.wizecommerce.com.
© 2013 Nextag, Inc. All rights reserved. Nextag, Wize Commerce and FanSnap are registered trademarks of Nextag, Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries worldwide. Price Machine, Fair Price Curve, Tuning Bar, and Radar are trademarks of Nextag, Inc. All other trademarks mentioned are the property of their respective owners.
SOURCE Price Machine
Share this article