DENVER, March 1, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- The American Lamb Board partnered with www.BostonChefs.com to bring lambtastic dishes to the table at the second annual Boston Lamb Jam on Sunday, February 20, at the Charles Hotel in Cambridge, MA. Hosted by TV Diner's Billy Costa, seventeen chefs competed for top honors and created succulent and savory selections paired with Boston beers and hand-picked wines for the lamb loving public. Chef Jason Santos from Gargoyles on the Square was named "Best in Show" by a panel of media judges for his Poached Lamb Loin dish and will battle top lamb loving chefs from San Francisco, Seattle and Washington DC at a Master Lamb Jam in New York City on September 25, 2011.
"We are proud to partner with BostonChefs.com and the city's best restaurants to showcase the versatility and year-round availability of American Lamb," said Megan Wortman, Executive Director, American Lamb Board. "Boston is filled with culinary talent and we were excited to experience and taste the creativity that went into each flavor-packed bite of American Lamb."
Guests at the American Lamb Jam enjoyed live butchery demonstrations and luscious lamb tastes from competing chefs, who received the following notable accolades:
- Loin "Best in Show" / Judge's "Best in Show:" Gargoyles on the Square for the Poached Lamb Loin with Black Truffle, Cauliflower Espuma, Bee Pollen and Fried Garlic
- Leg "Best in Show:" Citizen for the Lamb Jerky Three Ways – Whiskey Smoked, Honey Ginger, Spicy & Sweet
- Shank "Best in Show:" The Fireplace for the Braised Lamb Shank with Sheep Milk Cream over Winter Squash Stew and Cheesy Cornmeal Porridge
- Shoulder "Best in Show:" Garden at the Cellar for the Lamb Sausage Ssam with Nuoc Cham, Kimchi Slaw and Crispy Garlic
- "People's Choice:" Oleana for the Lamb Cammama – Spiced Lamb Shoulder with Onions, Moroccan Dates, Almond Bread, Carrot Salad, Blood Orange and Cilantro
As a beneficiary of the 2011 Boston Lamb Jam, a $1000 donation was made to Lovin' Spoonfuls, a Boston-based non-profit organization that facilitates the recovery and distribution of perishable and unserved foods by delivering them to local crisis centers, soup kitchens and other social assistance entities.
For more information about the American Lamb Board and to view winning recipes from the Boston American Lamb Jam, please visit www.FansofLambBoston.com, like the American Lamb Board on Facebook or follow @FANofLAMB on Twitter.
About the American Lamb Board
The American Lamb Board is an industry-funded research and promotions commodity board that represents all sectors of the American Lamb industry including producers, feeders, seed stock producers and processors. The Board, appointed by the Secretary of Agriculture, is focused on increasing demand by promoting the freshness, flavor, nutritional benefits, and culinary versatility of American Lamb. The work of the American Lamb Board is overseen by the U.S. Department of Agriculture and the board's programs are supported and implemented by the staff in Denver, Colorado.
For more information about the American Lamb Board, please contact Marliese Engel Traver (firstname.lastname@example.org) at Baltz & Company—212.982.8300
SOURCE American Lamb Board