New Ford TV Ads, "Built Ford Proud: We Lead" and "Ode to the Builders" Narrated by Actress Angela Bassett -- Showcases Ford F-150, Fusion, Mustang, Explorer and Expedition
- Ford's "Built Ford Proud: We Lead" US TV ad campaign features the company's onslaught of vehicles in the car and SUV segments, including the 2019 Ford Explorer, Escape, Expedition, Fusion and Mustang
- "Built Ford Proud: Ode to the Builders" brand anthem highlights Ford through the lens of various F-150 pickup truck trim levels.
- Ad campaign is narrated by the strong, confident and aspirational voice of the highly esteemed and accomplished actress, Angela Bassett
- Ford F-150, America's truck leader, enters 2019 with exciting new upgrades, including a 3.3-liter V6 with 6-speed automatic transmission as its standard powerplant; 2.7-liter EcoBoost® V6, 5.0-liter V8, 3.0-liter Power Stroke® turbodiesel V6 and 3.5-liter EcoBoost V6 all come paired with 10-speed automatic transmission.
- Spot highlights why Ford is a leader in the automotive world, and features FordPass Connect™ -- the one-stop app that can help customers move more freely through their day.
05 Feb, 2019, 14:28 ET
DEARBORN, Mich., Feb. 5, 2019 /PRNewswire/ -- Ford Motor Company has released its latest TV spots: "Built Ford Proud: "We Lead" and "Ode to the Builders." The ad campaign showcases Ford's F-150, SUV and car lineup, and features the smooth, strong and powerful voice of actress Angela Bassett.
UniCulture is the approach to Ford's newest "Built Ford Proud" ad campaign, featuring "We Lead" and "Ode to the Builders" spots created by Ford and UWG, the company's African American advertising agency of record. Ford worked with its marketing dealer advisory board — which includes dealers from across the United States — on strategy for national and regional ads, and digital content. These dealers endorsed "Built Ford Proud" for its fresh approach and attitude, bringing to life the soul of the Ford brand.
The inspiring campaign demonstrates Ford's continued commitment to bring leading technology and design products to its customers, while showcasing the pride, leadership and strength embedded in African American culture. In celebration of African American women in the arts, Bassett will attend the ESSENCE "Black Women in Hollywood" event as Ford's special guest.
"I am proud to have narrated these inspiring and powerful Ford spots that showcase the leadership and strength that are embedded in the African American community," said Angela Bassett.
"We Lead" features the Fusion, Mustang, Explorer and Expedition against a backdrop of the iconic Detroit Joe Louis Fist and the Los Angeles Crenshaw Mural. The campaign showcases FordPass Connect™ — the one-stop app that helps Ford owners move freely throughout their day. Consumers can lock, unlock and start their vehicle remotely when using the app. "Ode to the Builders," filmed in the Ford River Rouge plant, emphasizes the F-150 and its improved performance. Customers are treated to the best of the best in terms of Ford craftsmanship, material quality and head-turning design.
"Built Ford Proud: We Lead" and "Built Ford Proud: Ode to the Builders" highlight the importance of being a leader, serving your community, being proud of where you come from and passionate about the future, which is exactly the type of narrative we encourage and believe in at Ford," said Dibrie Guerrero, multicultural communications manager, Ford Motor Company. "Teaming up with Angela Bassett to give voice to this important message and showcase Ford's strong legacy of award-winning vehicles is a perfect fit for the brand."
The advertisements will be featured in a 360-launch, including TV, radio, digital, social platforms and print.
Link to spots:
- We Lead | Built Ford Proud | Ford
- Ode to the Builders | Built Ford Proud | Ford
About Ford Motor Company
Ford Motor Company is a global company based in Dearborn, Michigan. The company designs, manufactures, markets and services a full line of Ford cars, trucks, SUVs, electrified vehicles and Lincoln luxury vehicles, provides financial services through Ford Motor Credit Company and is pursuing leadership positions in electrification, autonomous vehicles and mobility solutions. Ford employs approximately 199,000 people worldwide. For more information regarding Ford, its products and Ford Motor Credit Company, please visit www.corporate.ford.com.
SOURCE Ford Motor Company
Share this article