OAK BROOK, Ill., June 28 /PRNewswire/ -- While many manufacturers have successfully implemented general enterprise resource planning (ERP) solutions, which consolidate business operations into a uniform software system, for metals manufacturers, these solutions often don't take into account the industry's nuances and complexities. To address this, Crowe Horwath LLP, one of the largest public accounting and consulting firms in the U.S., has developed the Crowe Metals Industry Accelerator for Microsoft Dynamics® AX solution. This industry accelerator is specifically designed to meet the needs of the metals industry, including producers, processors, fabricators and service centers, so it requires less customization and can be implemented quickly.
"In the past, metals manufacturers wanting to implement a strategic ERP platform were generally forced to settle on a solution that didn't address the specific process requirements of their industry or that was expensive to customize," said Josh Cole, a principal in Crowe's Performance group. "Now they can use the Crowe Metals Industry Accelerator, a flexible, scalable solution that delivers full support for metals manufacturers' unique needs without time-consuming configuration. It also supports their advanced management and reporting systems."
According to Cole, by harnessing the capabilities of Microsoft Dynamics® AX, the Crowe Metals Industry Accelerator helps manufacturers move toward five key outcomes:
- Link order specifications to processes. The solution is configured to carry the customer specifications throughout all phases of the order and can also automate the practice or routing generation. Manufacturers can generate requirements for raw materials and resources, while producing production schedules and promise dates immediately.
- Gain inventory efficiency. Manufacturers can assign single stock-keeping units to cover multiple variations in shape (slab, billet, coil, etc.) and attribute (width, length, gauge, grade, class, heat, etc.) for the same product type or chemistry. According to Cole, this can lead to gains in managing costs, prices, inventory, orders and production plans.
- Integrate quality management. In addition to communicating customer quality requirements to manufacturing and fulfillment teams, Microsoft Dynamics® AX can also help capture test results, maintain acceptable tolerance levels and automatically generate certification documentation.
- Improve yield planning and tracking. Crowe's new solution can automatically flag out-of-tolerance material to help ensure corrective actions can be taken. It also allows manufacturers to account for price volatility as they anticipate the yield of each material and process.
- Manage mixed-mode operations. With the Crowe Metals Industry Accelerator, manufacturers can better manage material and production resources, including integrated mills, mini-mills, service centers and rolling or drawing mills. It also accommodates made-to-order and made-to-inventory processes.
Crowe is a Microsoft Gold Certified Partner. For more information on the Crowe Metals Industry Accelerator for Microsoft Dynamics® AX please visit: www.crowehorwath.com/metals.
About Microsoft Dynamics
Microsoft Dynamics is a line of easy-to-use, integrated and adaptable ERP and CRM applications that enable business decision-makers to quickly respond to market shifts, take advantage of new trends, increase their competitive edge and drive business success. Microsoft Dynamics solutions are delivered through a world-class network of partners who provide specialized services and additional innovation to help customers excel in their industry.
About Crowe Horwath
Crowe Horwath LLP (www.crowehorwath.com) is one of the largest public accounting and consulting firms in the United States. Under its core purpose of "Building Value with Values®," Crowe assists public and private company clients in reaching their goals through audit, tax, advisory, risk and performance services. With 26 offices and 2,400 personnel, Crowe is recognized by many organizations as one of the country's best places to work. Crowe serves clients worldwide as an independent member of Crowe Horwath International, one of the largest networks in the world, consisting of more than 140 independent accounting and management consulting firms with offices in more than 400 cities around the world.
SOURCE Crowe Horwath LLP