BRAINTREE, Mass., July 16, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- OnSource, the platform that connects insurance companies with third-party vehicle and property photo inspections via smart phone apps, launches a new chat inspection app that allows insurance policyholders to chat with their insurance rep via their smartphone or tablet, dramatically reducing inspection costs and providing more convenient options for customers to report and resolve their insurance claim. During the interactive text-based chat session, the insurance rep can collect information from the policyholder about the claim and guide them through the process of capturing and sharing photos and HD video of their damage. OnSource chose texting over streaming because text is more reliable than streaming for consumers today.
Tim Schneider, Co-Founder of OnSource said, "Our existing self-serve apps have increased customer satisfaction and cycle time for our insurance clients; We expect the Chat Inspection app will have any even larger impact."
Here's how the new chat app works:
- The policyholder has a damage claim and goes online to report it to their insurance company
- The policyholder is given the option to download the chat app and get help immediately (or it can be sent directly to their smartphone by their insurance rep)
- The policyholder downloads the app and starts the inspection
- Via text, the Chat Inspection app connects the policyholder to the insurance rep (or a third-party licensed appraiser). A pop up alerts the insurance rep, who can greet the customers and get more information about their claim
- Next the rep guides the policyholder through the process of taking photographs and HD video and sharing them
- Photos and videos are available immediately to the insurance rep for review and for use in preparing an estimate of the damage
- The insurance rep can then choose to send the estimate directly to the customer via the app so they can review it, find a suitable repair shop, and request payment
The new mobile app works on 3G, 4G, 4G LTE, and Wi-Fi networks. OnSource decided a text-based chat approach was best vs. a streaming solution similar to Skype or FaceTime because the chat approach is much more reliable than streaming, it works on all mobile phone carrier networks, and texting is a format users are very comfortable using.
Steve Rubin, Co-Founder of OnSource commented, "With our new Chat Inspection app customers can report their claim, provide the photos and videos the insurance company needs, and receive an estimate back within minutes. This is technology unavailable elsewhere."
For more information about the new OnSource Chat Inspection app, please Email.
OnSource enables insurance companies to get fast, fair and efficient claims and underwriting photo inspections through intuitive smartphone apps that take the guesswork out of insurance photography. Policyholders and claimants can use self-inspection apps or field inspectors to capture quality photo inspections of vehicles, real estate, and personal property. www.onsourceonline.com