CAMBRIDGE, Mass., April 16, 2015 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- By replacing traditional structures with technology-based processes, financial technology (FinTech) startups are making financial systems more efficient. Investors and banks are starting to notice, with global FinTech investment growing 22% annually in the last five years.
The MIT FinTech Club, which launched this year to address this growing industry, is hosting its inaugural MIT FinTech Conference on May 1, 2015 at the MIT Media Lab with the goal of bringing together entrepreneurs, professionals, thought leaders and students to discuss the most innovative business models and ideas that are changing the face of finance.
Slated speakers among others are:
- Louis Beryl, Founder and CEO, Earnest
- Baiju Bhatt, Co-founder, Robinhood
- John Fawcett, Founder and CEO, Quantopian
- Erin Glenn, CEO, Alphaworks
- Ben Milne, Founder and CEO, Dwolla
- Daniel Nadler, Founder and CEO, Kensho
- Jeff Pietras, Vice President, WorldRemit
- Eric Poirier, CEO, Addepar
- Ryan Selkis, Director of Investments, Digital Currency Group
- Jeff Stewart, Founder and CEO, Lenddo
- Sam Swift, Data Scientist, Betterment
The aim of the MIT FinTech Club is to make MIT and the broader Boston entrepreneurial ecosystem a hub for financial disruption and innovation by building a strong community of students, entrepreneurs and investors from every part of the Boston community. The club consists of MIT students from different backgrounds and academic disciplines who have come together to explore, discuss, and collaborate on financial technology and innovation.
To register for the MIT FinTech Conference, please visit: http://www.mitfintech.com/conference/register/
To learn more about the MIT FinTech Club, visit: http://www.mitfintech.com
For further information, contact:
Director of Media Relations
Associate Director of Media Relations
SOURCE MIT Sloan School of Management