NEW YORK, Jan. 15, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- Jopwell (www.Jopwell.com), the first tech-enabled recruiting platform dedicated exclusively to connecting leading companies with talented minority candidates, today announced the launch of their service. The website is already being used by companies committed to diversity initiatives, including Abercrombie & Fitch, AppNexus, Facebook, MasterCard, McKesson, and McKinsey & Company, in addition to several large healthcare and financial firms.
"We are proud to be launching with such a highly regarded lineup of companies on board," said Porter Braswell, co-founder and CEO of Jopwell. "We set out to partner with companies that believe, as we do, that increasing diversity is a business imperative. There has been a longstanding need for a service that specifically addresses the challenges of minority recruitment. Jopwell is an authentic solution that assists in closing the gap in employment rates between minority and non-minority talent at America's top companies."
Jopwell.com gives partner companies:
- A Searchable Pipeline: Through Jopwell's proprietary platform, companies have access to a searchable pool of top-tier, diverse candidates representing varied backgrounds, interests, and skills.
- Detailed Candidate Profiles: Jopwell helps companies make informed decisions by providing a more in-depth look at each candidate.
- Direct Communication: Jopwell increases recruitment efficiency by facilitating direct communication between HR personnel and potential hires.
- Customizable Company Profiles: Organizations can share information about their company and available job opportunities to a specific audience of talented, diverse, job seekers. Rather than blanketing general recruitment sites with their efforts to increase diversity, they can customize their initiatives to a select pool.
Jopwell.com gives minority candidates:
- The Power of Access: Job seekers connect and communicate with recruiters right from their computers.
- Information: Jopwell gives candidates the opportunity to learn about a variety of industries and companies, and their diversity efforts, all in one place.
- User Profile: Users can create a free profile in under five minutes that does more than just showcase their resumes—it allows them to tell their stories and differentiate themselves.
- Available Opportunities: Jopwell lists available job opportunities for internships, entry-level, and experienced positions directly on the employer page.
- A Focus on Diversity: Jopwell seeks out partners that understand that diversity in the workforce leads to stronger companies. Minority candidates can have confidence that their new employers know the value they bring to the table.
"Through research and interviews with high level human resources executives, we determined that the three biggest barriers to increasing diversity at large companies are inadequate marketing, a limited pipeline to minority talent, and a lack of resources for diversity efforts," said Ryan Williams, co-founder and president of Jopwell. "We developed our technology to overcome these obstacles and help companies make the methods through which they increase their diversity more effective and efficient."
Founded in July 2014 by Porter Braswell and Ryan Williams, Jopwell is a tech-enabled platform that helps companies target, connect with, and recruit minority candidates for internships, entry-level positions, and experienced hiring opportunities. To accomplish this, Jopwell partners with companies from a variety of industries and provides access to their proprietary technology to allow them to search and filter through a pipeline of minority candidates. Jopwell's mission is to end the minority employment gap plaguing the U.S. For more information, please visit: www.Jopwell.com.