D'IBERVILLE, Miss., May 25, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- SlimWare Utilities today announced the market launch of SlimCleaner, the first software to use social networking for PC repair and optimization. SlimCleaner combines a powerful PC cleaning engine with a community of users who provide real-time feedback to improve computer performance. SlimCleaner is available for free download at www.slimcleaner.com.
"We've turned the world of PC maintenance upside down," said Chris Cope, CEO of SlimWare Utilities. "We've thrown out the old playbook of static, centralized PC optimization and given consumers an interactive community where they can make and receive recommendations in real-time that are customized to their own individual PC."
At its core, SlimCleaner provides all the essential tools for cleaning and optimizing a PC, scanning and offering information that consumers can use to improve their machine's speed and performance, based on the collective intelligence of SlimCleaner's global community.
To end users, SlimCleaner is like using popular social networks and Web-based rating systems. SlimCleaner lets consumers create a personalized Wall where they can write assessments about various items on their PC, earn badges, build out a "trust" network (friend network), communicate with other SlimCleaner users and "like" or "unlike" each others' ratings.
"We use social networking and community-sourced feedback to tell people what's on their machine, and what they can do about it. It's like having an army of tech-savvy geeks helping you maintain your computer," Cope said.
SlimCleaner first launched as a public beta at the Black Hat Conference in July 2010. Since then, more than 150,000 users have joined the SlimWare community and provided information to help refine the product's community-powered features.
A Crowd-Sourced, Cloud-Based, Social Network for PC Maintenance
SlimCleaner lets consumers:
- Clean, optimize and maintain their PCs safely with the fastest cleaning engine on the market.
- View descriptions for items that are on their PC, see what the community thinks of those items and whether or not the community finds them useful.
- Provide their own ratings, comments and reviews for items and applications on their PC.
- Access multiple antivirus scanners running in the cloud.
The Industry's Fastest Cleaning Engine
SlimCleaner's new cleaning engine is fast and powerful, analyzing entire computers in as little as one second. SlimCleaner's optimization engine uses a real-time stream from the cloud to compare against community feedback and make recommendations about which applications to keep or remove. By accessing this contributive cloud, SlimCleaner obtains the latest information about software, startups and toolbars, no matter how recent.
SlimCleaner Key Features and Functions:
- Cleaning: The industry's fastest, most robust engine for analyzing and cleaning unneeded files that slow down a PC.
- Optimization: The world's first cloud-based optimization engine that allows users to adjust startups and services that impact PC performance, using community-powered feedback.
- SlimWare AV Cloud Access: Lets users scan startup vectors for viruses and view results based on multiple antivirus engines.
- "More Info" Dialogs: Dialog boxes that give detailed information about what an item on a PC does and how the community views it, including peer reviews, "what should I do?" and comments from other users.
- Granular Controls: Adjustable filters let users identify unneeded software and startups in seconds.
- Badges: In addition to a personalized Wall, registered users earn badges and rewards based on various factors, such as accuracy of their ratings. The Wall contains users' personal profiles, ratings' history, comments and trust network – whom they trust and who trusts them.
- Uninstaller: The first community-powered uninstaller with access to SlimWare Utilities' community feedback, reviews and comments.
- Shredder: Removes items with up to 35 overwrite passes.
- Hijack Log: Scans for startup items, toolbars, BHOs, ActiveX controls, browser plug-ins and other third-party or malicious items that can "hijack" or modify a system, as well as direct access to SlimWare's cloud of antivirus scanners, or alternatively, VirusTotal, using the VirusTotal public API.
- Windows Tools: Conveniently organizes system tools and settings in one easy interface.
- 100% Portable: Make USB copies of SlimCleaner onto flash drives directly from the application. SlimCleaner retains its cloud data in a proprietary database format, which gives users offline access to many of SlimCleaner's commonly used features.
"Time Matters" Sweepstakes
In addition, to celebrate this fast, new PC cleaning software, consumers can enter the "Time Matters" sweepstakes between now and May 28 for the chance to win a Tag Heuer watch, or two ultra-thin limited edition laptops. Consumers can enter the sweepstakes online at http://www.facebook.com/SlimWareUtilities. Terms and conditions may apply. The contest ends May 28, 2011, at 11:00 p.m. PT.
SlimCleaner is the newest product in a suite of PC utility software from SlimWare Utilities, makers of SlimComputer and SlimDrivers. For more information about SlimCleaner, please visit www.slimwareutilities.com.
About SlimWare Utilities
SlimWare Utilities automates the solutions to the world's computer problems. Our products use cloud technology and community feedback to develop software and services that clean, speed up and optimize personal computers. By providing products that improve PC performance, establish connections and increase efficiencies among consumers' Internet devices, SlimWare Utilities enhances how consumers manage and interact with their data – whether on their PC, tablet or mobile device. SlimWare Utilities products organize data and establish smoother, faster compatibility between operating systems and devices to help make all of a consumer's computer functions run better, faster and more effectively. Headquartered near Biloxi, Mississippi, SlimWare Utilities' cloud-based, crowd-sourced software provides consumers with personalized applications developed from the community input of IT users everywhere. For more information, please visit www.slimwareutilities.com.
SOURCE SlimWare Utilities