MIAMI, May 21, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- NBC UNIVERSO, the modern sports and entertainment cable channel for Latinos, will debut its new, live signature sports show for Latinos, Escena Deportiva. The one-hour show will bring viewers the latest breaking news, the most-compelling stories from the superstar athletes of today and tomorrow, and everything else viewers need to know from the sports world twice a week: on Friday nights, Escena Deportiva la Previa will highlight the upcoming weekend's action, while experts give their predictions on the top soccer matches for the weekend; and on Monday nights, Escena Deportiva el Wrap Up will recap all of the action and storylines from the weekend.
From week-to-week, Escena Deportiva will showcase a thrilling mix of sports action that is of interest to U.S. Hispanics from around the sports world, including but not limited to, the Premier League, Liga MX, FIFA World Cup™ events, NFL, MLB, the NBA and NASCAR; as well as highlight many of the world's top athletes during competition and away from their sports. The show, which is produced by NBC Deportes, will be co-hosted by Ana Jurka and Guadalupe "Guad" Venegas, and feature interactive segments on social media platforms to engage passionate Latino sports fans.
NBC UNIVERSO's inaugural Escena Deportiva la Previa show this Friday will feature:
- Premier League's Chelsea FC Head Coach Jose Mourinho with legendary sportscaster Andres Cantor in an exclusive one-on-one interview; and fellow veteran broadcaster Sammy Sadovnik delivering his expert and in-depth analyses of Chelsea FC's top-of-the-table performance.
- Highlights and commentary with Kaziro Aoyama from Mexico regarding the first leg of the 2015 Liga MX Clausura Tournament semifinal matches featuring Pachuca and Queretaro, which will air on NBC UNIVERSO on Thursday, May 21 at 9pm ET/6pm PT, as well as the Santos Laguna vs. Guadalajara fixture that will take place later that evening. Fans will also hear Aoyama's prognostications regarding their second leg matches and who will advance to the finals of the so-called "Fiesta Grande."
- A story about the uncertain state of affairs for futbol clubs in Mexico, as many of them have already fired their managers and are looking for new ones.
- Former Mexican national soccer player Carlos Hermosillo who will deliver an editorial about the Mexican finals.
- A preview of the FIFA World Cup U-20 tournament, which begins next week on NBC UNIVERSO and Telemundo; and Aoyama's insights to the Mexican National team as it prepares for the competition.
- An in-studio analysis of the year in boxing, and insights from Rene Giraldo on the future of "big-time" fighters such as Mayweather, Pacquiao and Canelo.
- And much more, including year's third tennis Grand Slam tennis tournament from Roland Garros in France, the NBA playoffs, Major League Baseball and MMA.
About NBC UNIVERSO:
NBC UNIVERSO (www.nbcuniverso.com) is a modern sports and entertainment cable channel for Latinos, bringing the world's top sports franchises and edgy, emotional programming to more than 40 million households in the U.S. As one of the most widely available modern cable channels for U.S. Latinos, NBC UNIVERSO delivers a thrilling mix of exclusive sports action – including FIFA World Cup™, NASCAR Mexico Series, NFL, Premier League and The 2016 Rio Olympics – along with signature series, blockbuster movies, music, must-see live events and strategic acquisitions, on TV, online and mobile devices. NBC UNIVERSO is part of Hispanic Enterprises and Content, a division of NBCUniversal (www.nbcuniversal.com), one of the world's leading media and entertainment companies. NBCUniversal is a subsidiary of Comcast Corporation (www.comcastcorporation.com).
Follow us on Twitter at:
SOURCE NBC UNIVERSO